Cartier vs Bvlgari

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Cartier vs Bvlgari

Postby mamamiya » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Hi all,
My DH is buying me a jewellery set. But I am not sure which brand to buy as I am not someone who is really into jewellery.

Just to check, which is better? Cartier (Trinity Series) or Bvlgari (Bzero series)? Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

mamamiya
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Cartier vs Bvlgari

Postby 3Boys » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:27 am

mamamiya wrote:Hi all,
My DH is buying me a jewellery set. But I am not sure which brand to buy as I am not someone who is really into jewellery.

Just to check, which is better? Cartier (Trinity Series) or Bvlgari (Bzero series)? Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

Not worth buying these types of branded jewellery if you ask me. Some of the local jewellers can provide you far better value (bigger, better quality stones), and customised some more. What's your budget?

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby UncleLim » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:54 pm

Alternative ask him to lock in 1000 shares of SPDR Gold Trust ETF since you are not the jewellery type.

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby 3Boys » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:25 pm

UncleLim wrote:Alternative ask him to lock in 1000 shares of SPDR Gold Trust ETF since you are not the jewellery type.

Haha, one year I actually bought unit trust for my wife instead of a present...... :oops:

Not a great idea!

:offtopic:

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby UncleLim » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:33 am

3Boys wrote:
UncleLim wrote:Alternative ask him to lock in 1000 shares of SPDR Gold Trust ETF since you are not the jewellery type.

Haha, one year I actually bought unit trust for my wife instead of a present...... :oops:

Not a great idea!

:offtopic:

You are right. It is like a boyfriend buying a radio control toy car for his girlfriend !

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby bobonana » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:14 pm

mamamiya wrote:Hi all,

Hi Mamamiya, are you into brands? As the value of those branded jewellery compared to the normal jewellery are the same, based on current gold prices. Unlike comparing rolex to normal watches, which have higher resale value.

If you are just into the design and dont mind the brand i can recommend you my regular goldsmith who can custom make jewellery. I made before a set of Bulgari Jewellery which is much cheaper and honestly you cant tell the difference. PM me if you want the contact.

bobonana
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jane84 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:06 am

bobonana
I am keen to have the contact. Sounds good!

I love the designs of both. I have both!

jane84
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Mvm » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:15 am

Some husbands like to buy because of the brand. They like the trusted brand names instead of getting the same from the jewellers for the same design at a cheaper price. Mine is no different, even tho my regular jeweller can do the exact replica for a portion of the price, my husband occasionally still insists on going to tiffanys and pay thru his nose.

mamamiya - if your husband wants to buy either one of those brand names (I am assuming the rings) it would depend on whether you like a chunky version or the softer look. I prefer the softer look and would go for the cartier trinity series. Also depends on your built , I think. You would have to be able to carry off the chunky look of Bulgari.

Mvm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Recess Time