Supermarket

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Supermarket

Postby smurf » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:50 am

Do you open up perishable products such as food in supermarket to smell? and then put it back when its not what you want??
saw people doing that and I think its PURE inconsiderate! :mad:

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Supermarket

Postby hquek » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:56 am

I don't do that, and haven't seen such happening (probably becos i dun go enough). But I really can't stand pp who select stuff from the cold section and then decide they don't want, and just happily leave those meats, etc in other sections (ie not in the freezer). They just can't be bothered to put it back properly. If supermarkets incur losses on such stuff, guess where they are going to make up for these losses.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby autumnbronze » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:45 pm

smurf wrote:Do you open up perishable products such as food in supermarket to smell? and then put it back when its not what you want??

:yikes:

Really unacceptable behaviour :spank:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby verykiasu2010 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:54 pm

smurf wrote:Do you open up perishable products such as food in supermarket to smell? and then put it back when its not what you want??

supermarket should put up sign to say "Once Opened, Considered Sold" for food stuff
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:29 pm

oh, i do pick up a box of strawberries to smell and into the basket it goes most times. sometimes if i dont get the smell, i would put it back. i dont open it up to smell.

i dont open up boxes of fruits, eggs or anything else to pick the best lot and put them into the box i want.

i also dont poke or press fish and meat neither do i leave them at different parts of the supermarket if i decide i dont need them anymore in my basket.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby UncleLim » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:52 pm

I once stood behind an elderly lady who took her own sweet time to poke holes into every cling-wrapped chicken in NTUC Fairprice... maybe 20 all in all. At last she decided not buy chicken that day.

Since she did not leave any un-poked, I also decided on another species of animal for dinner that day. :faint:

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:58 am

ever seen a mid age man in smart office wear...opened a bag of grapes and emptied the loose ones into another bag. Really donch understand why so calculative!!

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Last time saw one open the bag of grapes, take one and eat.

Then don't want buy put back the bag...take another bag of grapes and eat.

And these bags are already weight with price on.

Also saw a few times, got people open detergent/deodorant up to smell then put back when don't want to buy.
:frustrated:

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Oppsgal wrote:Last time saw one open the bag of grapes, take one and eat.

Then don't want buy put back the bag...take another bag of grapes and eat.

And these bags are already weight with price on.

Also saw a few times, got people open detergent/deodorant up to smell then put back when don't want to buy.
:frustrated:

Perishables, I do not open or poke them. But for liquid detergents, I do open the cap to smell them sometimes. Provided they are not wrapped up in plastic. I usually stick to known brands and scents but at times may want to try out some new recommendations but being very sensitive to smell, I will always check if I can stand the smell before buying. The wrong type of scent can give me severe migraines.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby 3Boys » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:41 pm

How comfortable would you be, if you observed such egregious behaviours, to provide feedback to that individual? I think if enough of us stood up for it, it is what makes a difference and creates the 'Singaporean culture.' Its worth speaking up for, don't you think?

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time