BEWARE OF MISREPRESENT SALEMAN

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

BEWARE OF MISREPRESENT SALEMAN

Postby pqy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:33 am

Presently, Town Council was painted our block at Jurong West Street 61. Last weekend, one guy was introduced himself as contractor from HDB for the painting project and was offered us free painting for the main door gate. We have accepted his offer, but later on he was said that actually we can change our current gate with more solid one so called wrought iron gate at very attractive price. We have accepted his offer without any doubt at $580 for 1 set of solid iron gate. He asked for deposit of $180 and we have paid him a cheque of that amount as well.

However, next day I was checked on his company details at ACRA and found that the company not exists and all the information stated in the receipt was wrong. I quickly gave a call to HDB and HDB have forward my call to Town Council. Town Council advised that the company which I deal with was not their authorised contractor and there is no free painting for our staying block as well. After the confirmation from the Town Council, I quickly cancelled the cheque issued to that saleman and sms him to cancel our order. According to the Town Council, just be alert to this kind of sales as my case was not new. It did happen in other places when the block painting was carried on. So just beware of this kind misrepresent sales.

pqy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: BEWARE OF MISREPRESENT SALEMAN

Postby auntieM » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:25 am

Thanks for sharing pqy.. ..

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby pqy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:36 am

auntieM wrote:Thanks for sharing pqy.. ..

No problem, auntieM :)

pqy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby tankee » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:37 am

why not make a police report since you have his mobile number, police would be able to track him down.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby pqy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:53 am

tankee wrote:why not make a police report since you have his mobile number, police would be able to track him down.

Actually we no intention to make police report as we have agree on the price at first place. We cancelled the deal because we just scare that he took my deposit run and go without deliver and doubt the quality of the product also.

He was so smart. He sms me said want refund me the cheque ask me to call him. I just ignore him. You know what happen he went to my house passed the cheque to my mum and ask for the receipt which he have issued to me. My so "honest" maid without informed me just took my receipt and passed it back to the guy. Now my evidence have gone. :mad:

Anyway on the day i found out the dishonest of the guy i already made complaint to HDB. According to them, they may just issued some memo or letter to the residents to alert them this kind of misrepresent sales.

pqy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Manfrotto » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:48 pm

That's a wise move! Contractors from HDB to carry out painting work will have to put on the uniform/company attire. The contractor will have to display their Company details, job to be done, duration of the contract and also the Site Manager's contact number for enquiry/feedback.

Manfrotto
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby hquek » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm

I think those are everywhere. Remember the window checking heydays? there were salesmen going around claiming to replace to an 'authorised' window of sorts? or those checking rubbish chutes?

I'm glad pqy was able to get away with minimal damage (cancel cheque fee only). I worry more for the old folks at home who may happy happy hand over money. Better to warn our parents of such scams going on.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Oppsgal » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:23 am

Encountered a few times already. Salespersons knocking at my door asking anything crack due to the hdb upgrading they can help to do mending...

I can't be bothered as thinking "nothing is for free". Where got so good, help paint and mend my house for free. Think sure got some charges, so tell them nothing crack.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:25 am

pqy wrote:
tankee wrote:why not make a police report since you have his mobile number, police would be able to track him down.

Actually we no intention to make police report as we have agree on the price at first place. We cancelled the deal because we just scare that he took my deposit run and go without deliver and doubt the quality of the product also.

He was so smart. He sms me said want refund me the cheque ask me to call him. I just ignore him. You know what happen he went to my house passed the cheque to my mum and ask for the receipt which he have issued to me. My so "honest" maid without informed me just took my receipt and passed it back to the guy. Now my evidence have gone. :mad:

Anyway on the day i found out the dishonest of the guy i already made complaint to HDB. According to them, they may just issued some memo or letter to the residents to alert them this kind of misrepresent sales.

Maybe can collect "admin fee" from him. :rotflmao:

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby blessed777 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:39 am

And there are also ice cream sellers go around knocking doors telling people that their relatives (most of the time their mothers) are in hospital or other sad stories with sad face asking ppl to buy their last ice cream (often times the ice ice cream melted already) but they often charge up to 4x of the price.

blessed777
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time