Raining

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Raining

Postby Jennifer » Thu May 07, 2009 12:58 am

I live in the west zone. For the past two nights, there had been lightning and loud thunder ard 3am to 5am. Now I can see flashes of lightning. Sort of anticipating when the rain would pour. So bo liao right :siao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23236
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Postby sashimi » Thu May 07, 2009 9:55 am

Yup! Last night it started at around 2.20am!

sashimi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:21 am
Total Likes: 1


Postby MLR » Thu May 07, 2009 10:15 am

We face the Jurong Industrial area, so can see open skies with lightning shows and thunderous sound effect. I hardly slept for the past few days, cos whenever it thunders, my dog would bark and had to wake up to console her, else neighbours would complaint. DS is the one who sleeps through storm and all.

Think S'pore is one of the world's most lightning strikes area. I like the sheet lightning 'shows'.

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:28 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu May 07, 2009 11:16 am

sashimi wrote:Yup! Last night it started at around 2.20am!


Yuh boy... this morning's one is quite abnormal. Continous and very regular discharges at 30 odd seconds each, and all very LOUD. I normally enjoy sleeping through thunderstorms, but I was jolted wide awake by one blast and couldn't sleep after that :P I thought the end of the world was nigh.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Postby jedamum » Thu May 07, 2009 11:21 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:I normally enjoy sleeping through thunderstorms,.

:? Did it rained last night??? I usually wakes up when my boys stir in his sleep, but can sleep through any thunderstorms or thundersnores. :politebleah:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8514
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20



Postby MLR » Thu May 07, 2009 12:55 pm

jedamum wrote: :? Did it rained last night??? I usually wakes up when my boys stir in his sleep, but can sleep through any thunderstorms or thundersnores. :politebleah:


Totally envy u :salute: I m very light sleeper. I would always be the last one to fall asleep, cos even when i m sound asleep, DH comes to bed, I will wake up. Luckily i fall asleep easily too.

I love it when it rains, its :snuggles:

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:28 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby Jennifer » Thu May 07, 2009 1:46 pm

jedamum wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:I normally enjoy sleeping through thunderstorms,.

:? Did it rained last night??? I usually wakes up when my boys stir in his sleep, but can sleep through any thunderstorms or thundersnores. :politebleah:


I envy you too. I have difficulty going back to sleep. So last night I was waiting for the storm to start rumbling, then I go to bed.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23236
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Postby Jennifer » Thu May 07, 2009 1:47 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
sashimi wrote:Yup! Last night it started at around 2.20am!


Yuh boy... this morning's one is quite abnormal. Continous and very regular discharges at 30 odd seconds each, and all very LOUD. I normally enjoy sleeping through thunderstorms, but I was jolted wide awake by one blast and couldn't sleep after that :P I thought the end of the world was nigh.


At my place, before the rain came, no sound of thunder, but intermittent flashes of lightning.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23236
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Postby sashimi » Thu May 07, 2009 3:54 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
sashimi wrote:Yup! Last night it started at around 2.20am!


Yuh boy... this morning's one is quite abnormal. Continous and very regular discharges at 30 odd seconds each, and all very LOUD. I normally enjoy sleeping through thunderstorms, but I was jolted wide awake by one blast and couldn't sleep after that :P I thought the end of the world was nigh.


Last night's round loud meh?? It was the night two nights ago that had very very loud thunder. Looks like our storms are from different time dimensions. :?

sashimi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:21 am
Total Likes: 1


Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu May 07, 2009 5:46 pm

sashimi wrote:...Last night's round loud meh?? It was the night two nights ago that had very very loud thunder. Looks like our storms are from different time dimensions. :?


I still have the panda eyes that say it was really loud. It sounded like it was right on top of us. Maybe it really was in the east. The past 2 nights I slept right through... so it must have been in the west.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Next

Return to Recess Time