Mother's Day

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Mother's Day

Postby mathsparks » Thu May 07, 2009 3:05 pm

Chief's article about the singer sewing machine (see http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/content/sewing-machine) and today's news article about elderly women clearing plates at food courts/cleaning toilets leave me thinking if we kiasu parents could do something for them this Sunday.

In your own small way this Sunday, wish these elderly women well (in case they scold you if you wish them happy mother's day :oops: ) and give them a small token to let them know that some segments of society have not fogotten them while we celebrate mother's day.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Mother's Day

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu May 07, 2009 5:51 pm

mathsparks wrote:...In your own small way this Sunday, wish these elderly women well (in case they scold you if you wish them happy mother's day :oops: ) and give them a small token to let them know that some segments of society have not fogotten them while we celebrate mother's day.

Aye aye! My only add on to that is we don't have to wait for a special day like Mother's Day just to make life better for these hardworking people who are doing the jobs that none of us want to do.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby mathsparks » Thu May 07, 2009 6:45 pm

Well said, chief! And these same elderly women also face competition from cheaper, younger foreign workers. :(

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Thu May 07, 2009 7:09 pm

Wow... I was just thinking today... Every morning on my way to work, I will go thru temple street at chinatown to head towards Maxwell mkt... Ever so often I would see this very old lady probably in her 80s, with whatever white strands of hair on her balding head bundled up behind her, skin darkened from the constant pushing of her cart under the sun, sitting by the roadside... carefully folding her stack of empty cardboard boxes.

I thought of stopping my car at the side today to perhaps just hand her a $10 note, nothing much, but given how thrifty these old ladies can be... Thot would be a nice gesture to make her day. I have utmost respect for these gusty old ladies becos they are very independent and hardworking to just earn that few dollars daily to sustain their daily living.

Will make a note to do just that the next time I see her :pray:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mathsparks » Thu May 07, 2009 8:14 pm

ZacK wrote:Will make a note to do just that the next time I see her :pray:
hi zack, yes do it but after you make sure your car is safely parked. I've done so a couple of times for an elderly women in my neighbourhood. But sadly she has not been seen the last 2 years. Glad i was able to do something for her.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Mother's Day

Postby ZacK » Thu May 07, 2009 9:41 pm

vv_lim wrote:婆婆妈妈

这里暂且不说妈妈无限的爱,不说小时所做过的工。对妈妈我也是非常非常感谢的.
这里想叙说对婆婆妈妈的感受。

从小我是婆婆的孩子。
在我心深处最喜欢的人是婆婆。
在离乡背景的时候,最想念的人也是婆婆。
当踏进家门,第一个想见的人永远是婆婆。
当叫一声“阿嬷!” 是那么的令人打开心扉。
每当打电话回家的时候,其实最想听到的也是婆婆那把宏亮开朗的声调。
曾经写下:
“噢!我美丽的婆婆,可爱的婆婆!你是世界上最好的婆婆!”
从离开家后,我一直是都是这么认为的。

在那欢乐的童年记忆中,没有妈妈,只有婆婆。
从出世的一个月后,我就跟婆婆睡。在弟妹们当中,婆婆跟我很有缘。
有太多开心的日子是和婆婆在一起,这里就不说了。到现在婆婆的妈妈,婆婆的兄弟姐妹朋友都是我们共同的话题。
说到妈妈,我试图寻找那廖廖无几快乐深刻的回忆。。。。那就是第一天上学回家我兴奋地朗读第一篇华语课文给妈妈听。
(这样的感受也提醒了我不要重倒覆撤。所以,现在会尽量把有限的时间可以的话都给孩子。开怀的与她们玩并成为他们的朋友。
我不要她们欢乐的记忆中少了很多妈妈而有一点点遗憾。)

然而,上天是有心的。在坐月时,让我又活在妈妈的怀抱。那期间,我细心的照顾自己的小孩。妈妈细心的照顾我。
当我安怃着自己的婴儿的同时,妈妈也忍不著安怃着我的头。
我们一起睡,似乎弥补了一点空白。似乎拉近了我们之间的隔阂,重新搭起了我们之间心与心的桥梁。

如今,现身在忙碌长时间的工作中。常觉得间顾不到孩子们所有的需要。
由其是那份无时无刻渴望妈妈的爱。有时候,觉得心如刀割也要学着放手。
有一个时候,妈妈说:“不要这么小心眼。 她们黏佣人是一时的。你不是更轻松吗?”(哈哈!到现在我还是做不到。)
我告诉自己,生命就有如谭花一现,有些东西就看开点吧 :)
所以,自从自己当上了妈妈,终於深深的体会到妈妈的心情。当我小的时候,她为了工作和繁琐的家务,实在是不能照顾到孩子们所有的需要。

我知道什么叫"子欲养,而亲不在"。
快乐的婆婆妈妈现在什么都不缺。只缺孩子们的虚寒问暖。所以,会常打电话回家。一有机会,也会回去探望她们。

在这里,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
祝妈妈母亲节快乐!
祝婆婆母亲节快乐!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ps1:
在学习这条路:
做父母的要做到尽量不让子女操心,需要的时后伸出原手。只有人欠你,没有你欠人。
做孩子的要做到尽量不让父母操心,需要的时后伸出原手。只有人欠你,没有你欠人。

ps2:
....why prefer grandma then mother for a while? Now is ok, my mum in e best place :)

Thank you for penning down your feelings... I am thankful that I have less than 10 words that I am not familiar with :sweat:

I like and totally agree with your quote in ps1 :goodpost:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Thu May 07, 2009 9:48 pm

mathsparks wrote:
ZacK wrote:Will make a note to do just that the next time I see her :pray:
hi zack, yes do it but after you make sure your car is safely parked. I've done so a couple of times for an elderly women in my neighbourhood. But sadly she has not been seen the last 2 years. Glad i was able to do something for her.

Hi mathsparks... I will do that... Amid all the buzz and fuss of everyday life... We should always be conscious to slow down and do something nice for the people ard us... To be able to help others and seeing them smile... I am sure it will make this a better place to live in :love:

If there is one attribute that I would like my boys to have... It will be EMPATHY :pray:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Fri May 08, 2009 12:18 pm

Felt good today... Was running slightly late... But kept a look out for the old lady... She was sitted on the opposite side of the road, stopped my car temporarily into a parking lot and stepped out to hand her a $10.

When she held her hand out ... She was appreciative :D

There are lots of people who feel left out and neglected... We cant help all of them, but when we are able to... Would be nice to show them that there are people who are willing to stop whatever we are doing to give them a helping hand :D

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Fri May 08, 2009 1:57 pm

Great work Zack! :salute:

That makes 2 persons happy today...You and her! :D

Sweet gesture..

Postby buds » Fri May 08, 2009 2:02 pm

ZacK wrote:Felt good today... Was running slightly late... But kept a look out for the old lady... She was sitted on the opposite side of the road, stopped my car temporarily into a parking lot and stepped out to hand her a $10.

When she held her hand out ... She was appreciative :D

There are lots of people who feel left out and neglected... We cant help all of them, but when we are able to... Would be nice to show them that there are people who are willing to stop whatever we are doing to give them a helping hand :D

Wah, can feel your adrenaline rush here ZacK! :wink:
Can visualize you looking at your watch endlessly yet
still looking out for the ah-ma.. I'm sure her smile wud
linger on your mind for a while. Hope tho you were a
little late, your sweet gesture had given you a good
start today. 8)

Have a nice weekend ahead.

PS. Nice if ds1 was there to experience it too.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time