Mom call police and MOE : Teacher force son for a haircut

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:87

Re: Mom call police and MOE : Teacher force son for a haircu

Post by buds » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:19 pm

2ppaamm wrote:Er... OT a bit, what is a good remedy for hairloss due to child birth? My hair is far less than what I used to have, and still dropping. Will Svenson do?
Thought post natal hair loss helps weed out the old hair?
Got foolproof remedy meh? Dun think so leh. But can perhaps minimize?

For mine, I had Rapunzel (like really long) hair till after babies turned 5mths and then I cropped it face-hugging style (concave) at the hairdressers plus a volume boost treatment so it wouldn't look too flat or style-less. I also started to use conditioner (sparingly) just enuff to be able to run fingers down my hair easily. Two alternate days I massage a baby-hair-gel (said to promote hair growth) recommended by a Scottie girlfriend who used it for her bb n herself recommended by her massage lady.

Mine doesn't drop like I'm a cancer patient anymore even if there is any at all can count.

looking4Tutor
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by looking4Tutor » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:29 pm

tankee wrote:Anyway, why would any parents allow their boy to return with school with long hair? :?
Maybe -
to champion the so-called Human Right and to do away with dinosaur-aged rules. (wait a minute long-haired boys belong to the stone age)

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:336

Post by Funz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:56 pm

I am of the opinion that the school does not have the right to lay a hand on any child without the parents agreeing to it. Physical punishment should be used as a last resort. If the boy repeatedly refuses to get his hair cut, a suspension till he cuts his hair could be a better decision.

And after reading the link 2ppaamm posted, I think the teacher is loco. He thinks he is running a military camp. The boy can't help having a full head of thick hair right? Maybe the teacher is balding and suffers a bad case of envy. Upon seeing these kids with healthy thick hair he had a psychotic break and thinks he is Edward Scissorhand thus the hack job. :laugh:

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:8

Post by 2ppaamm » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:01 pm

Buds, can PM me the brand of the hair gel? Going to do exactly the same and cut the hair short and try out. My post natal hair drop has been happening for 18 years.

Funz, I think the teacher has a psychological problem. Yes, his hair is probably falling and so he cannot stand thick hair. I'd better get my problem fixed or I might end up like him going around with scissors attacking people with thick hair.

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:21

Post by Chenonceau » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:29 pm

Too thick is not against the school rules leh.... Maybe Teacher has hairstylist fantasies like Zohan in "You Don't Mess With the Zohan".

Maybe he wanted the kid's hair but the kid wouldn't share!! But then, not sharing hair is also not against school rules leh...
Last edited by Chenonceau on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:21

Post by Chenonceau » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:30 pm

Dropping 18 years.... logically, you should have no more hair...

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by 2ppaamm » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:51 pm

Chenonceau wrote:Dropping 18 years.... logically, you should have no more hair...
Dropping a lot for 18 years, but they grow back. Every hair dresser I go to think that I drop too much hair because they would collect a bundle on the sink. Maybe should call this thinning but not dropping. But I prefer to have what I used to have. Now I begin to understand what the teacher is perhaps going through. :laugh:

Hm... not it makes the Svenson advertisement above so relevant...

EN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by EN » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:32 pm

GAWD! The whole bunch are as funny as before. :wink:

Hello :grphug:

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by 2ppaamm » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Hello EN!!! you dropping by? Hope not dropping hair like the teacher/me.

cnimed
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by cnimed » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:39 pm

looking4Tutor wrote:
tankee wrote:Anyway, why would any parents allow their boy to return with school with long hair? :?
Maybe -
to champion the so-called Human Right and to do away with dinosaur-aged rules. (wait a minute long-haired boys belong to the stone age)
Enforcing certain hairstyles is one of the ways of exerting psychological control over someone or a group of people. It's a way to keep people in their place. This is used through history, in prisons, in reform centers, in places where orders are not to be questioned and your superiors are not to be undermined at all cost.

Grabbing and butchering someone's hair is a violation that existed since stone age. it's a recognised act of humiliation.

If we forget how things come to be the way they are in singapore schools and the origin of mass education, we live in an amnesia that leaves us open to manipulation and popular propaganda. If we are not to be extinct like the dinosaurs, it may be good to remember that some rules can outlive their original purpose.