about 20 years ago -- Singapore

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

about 20 years ago -- Singapore

Postby raysusan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:19 pm



i wonder how many of these you still remember?

raysusan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:13 pm
Total Likes: 6


Re: about 20 years ago -- Singapore

Postby Belle2011 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:31 pm

I do and I am OLD :(

Belle2011
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:22 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: about 20 years ago -- Singapore

Postby atrecord » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:26 pm

actually found most of them familiar... quite a few from Toa Payoh, including the 'cover' which shows bus 137 in the interchange...

the playgound in front of blk 28 (also in TP) is in fact still there, after all these decades...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:25 am
Total Likes: 6


Re: about 20 years ago -- Singapore

Postby poppy15 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:16 pm

i remembered everything inside the video... :love:

my age is revealed... :laugh:

poppy15
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8365
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:12 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: about 20 years ago -- Singapore

Postby UncleLim » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:47 pm

A walk down memory lane for uncles and aunties... and a reminder what we are spring chickens no more! :rotflmao:

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 682
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:47 am
Total Likes: 7



Re: about 20 years ago -- Singapore

Postby pinky » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:06 pm

aiyoh, the buses that I took to school did not even have folding doors so does it means I am even older ???? :scared: :faint: Still remember had to stand on the steps and clinging onto the handlebars at the side for my dear life with my classmates... :sweat:

btw cannot remember the posting about the good old days in this forum, where is it now???

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2832
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: about 20 years ago -- Singapore

Postby atrecord » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:28 pm

pinky wrote:aiyoh, the buses that I took to school did not even have folding doors so does it means I am even older ???? :scared: :faint: Still remember had to stand on the steps and clinging onto the handlebars at the side for my dear life with my classmates... :sweat:


Yah, got those buses that have only one door in the middle of the bus, and have to decide whether to walk to the front or the rear after going up one...

me also experienced before: managed to grab the bars on either side with both hands, but my slinging bag was swinging outside the door when bus turned and stopped... wonder how come those days nobody bothered about safety... if i see my kids going through the same thing now, dunno how i will react...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:25 am
Total Likes: 6


Re: about 20 years ago -- Singapore

Postby poppy15 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:12 pm

pinky wrote:btw cannot remember the posting about the good old days in this forum, where is it now???


sista, here it is:
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... +%26+girls

poppy15
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8365
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:12 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: about 20 years ago -- Singapore

Postby pinky » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:24 pm

atrecord wrote:
pinky wrote:aiyoh, the buses that I took to school did not even have folding doors so does it means I am even older ???? :scared: :faint: Still remember had to stand on the steps and clinging onto the handlebars at the side for my dear life with my classmates... :sweat:


Yah, got those buses that have only one door in the middle of the bus, and have to decide whether to walk to the front or the rear after going up one...

me also experienced before: managed to grab the bars on either side with both hands, but my slinging bag was swinging outside the door when bus turned and stopped... wonder how come those days nobody bothered about safety... if i see my kids going through the same thing now, dunno how i will react...


our parents back then were not kiasi/kiasu :evil:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2832
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: about 20 years ago -- Singapore

Postby jedamum » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:58 pm

wah...to think that i used to laugh at my parents listening to old songs and talking about old memories...:sweat: now it's my turn...:sweat:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8515
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Next

Return to Recess Time