Talking about Death ...

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:38

Re: Talking about Death ...

Post by zac's mum » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:40 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:At the death cert (?), need to indicate cremation, burial etc ?
No leh, death cert only indicates the cause(s) of death. As signed off by a medical doctor.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:106

Post by phtthp » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:07 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:At the death cert (?), need to indicate cremation, burial etc ?
from dust to dust.

if a person fall sick, going to die soon, can let family members know how he / she want the funeral to be like, including cremation / burial, what to do with the ashes (if cremated)

nowadays, at Guang Ming san / Mandai crematorium : they burn the body very fast. Within the same day, after cool down ashes, can collect already
Last edited by phtthp on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:26

Post by starlight1968sg » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:09 pm

We came naked and empty handed.
We leave only with a set of clothes

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by phtthp » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:13 pm

Yes, we come naked, enter coffin also with nothing, cannot bring along any cash to the next world.

we exist on earth temporarily, for only a while : from "xx / month / year born in" to "yy / month / year died in".

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by starlight1968sg » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:14 pm

We came alone and leave alone too

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by zac's mum » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Oops, I’m sorry :booboo:

I realized that my earlier posts mentioned Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal for the sea burial set off point.

It should be Changi Point Ferry Terminal instead. Will edit my posts to correct the name.

FantasyLandDreams
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:9

Post by FantasyLandDreams » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:43 pm

zac's mum wrote:Oops, I’m sorry :booboo:

I realized that my earlier posts mentioned Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal for the sea burial set off point.

It should be Changi Point Ferry Terminal instead. Will edit my posts to correct the name.
Hi zac’s mum
Roughly how much is the costs of a sea burial, if I may ask? Increasingly more and more old folks around me have expressed preference for sea burial actually, especially those with only child or unmarried children. This is something I need to ponder too and ‘plan ahead’ as I also need to ‘instruct’ my only child what to do with my parents’ urns too when I am gone.

An ex-colleague ever told me there are different packages for sea burial too, something like $5000 plus years ago if you choose those 游船、have a party to celebrate the life of the deceased before scattering the ashes into the sea kind. More ‘Ang mo pie’ way. :smile:

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by zac's mum » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:53 pm

FantasyLandDreams wrote:
zac's mum wrote:Oops, I’m sorry :booboo:

Hi zac’s mum
Roughly how much is the costs of a sea burial, if I may ask? Increasingly more and more old folks around me have expressed preference for sea burial actually, especially those with only child or unmarried children. This is something I need to ponder too and ‘plan ahead’ as I also need to ‘instruct’ my only child what to do with my parents’ urns too when I am gone.

An ex-colleague ever told me there are different packages for sea burial too, something like $5000 plus years ago if you choose those 游船、have a party to celebrate the life of the deceased before scattering the ashes into the sea kind. More ‘Ang mo pie’ way. :smile:
The expensive party is definitely not the norm.

If you compare between traditional burial at the cemetery VS cremation + columbarium niche VS sea burial (scattering of the ashes at sea), the prices are from most expensive to least expensive.

So sea burial is the cheapest of the lot. Some old folks who do not want to place extra financial burden on their kids, will chose this way.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by phtthp » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:10 pm

sea burial means that the ashes are forever floating in the open sea. That means, our spirit ... also floating in the sea ? is it good ?

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by starlight1968sg » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:30 pm

phtthp wrote:sea burial means that the ashes are forever floating in the open sea. That means, our spirit ... also floating in the sea ? is it good ?
Depending on your belief; ash is just the remains and into the sea.