General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:16

Re: Talking about Death ...

Post by MyPillow » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:39 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:
phtthp wrote:sea burial means that the ashes are forever floating in the open sea. That means, our spirit ... also floating in the sea ? is it good ?
Depending on your belief; ash is just the remains and into the sea.
Depends on your belief n religion .
For Indian , the culture is sea burial
My colleague told me her late dad asked for sea , he was Christian - he din want to burden his kids on how his ashes placed rather he knew his soul will be with the Lord .

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:47

Post by Estéema » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:45 pm

MyPillow wrote:
starlight1968sg wrote:
phtthp wrote:sea burial means that the ashes are forever floating in the open sea. That means, our spirit ... also floating in the sea ? is it good ?
Depending on your belief; ash is just the remains and into the sea.
Depends on your belief n religion .
For Indian , the culture is sea burial
My colleague told me her late dad asked for sea , he was Christian - he din want to burden his kids on how his ashes placed rather he knew his soul will be with the Lord .

I'll like to do same too & not to burden anyone. My physical self is no more impt after human life is gone, and I am assured my spirit will be with the Lord for eternity in a new spirit life that hv no suffering.

So, I do not need to burden those living family or frds or even kind strangers. Let my dead body be buried or scattered as simply by itself & let those living who need their energy to face day-to-day the best they can till they are called to heaven.

Rachel572
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Rachel572 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:45 am

I did not discuss this to my daughter yet because she's too young to understand this kind of matter. But in the future, I have a plan to discuss it to her because in the end we will all going to die. It's better to be prepared.

CarenL
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by CarenL » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:33 am

My daughter learnt when she was 4. She had a hamster that died, she wanted to know where it went to so I told her to look for the brightest star in the sky and then would see that her hamster was looking down on her, we then did the same when people she knew died. she accepted this then and still does as to where people/animals go, there is no reason to change this til she gets older and really begins to understand. she knows that death is a part of life and that eventually everyone dies. she is now 7 and still believes this to be true and while this is the case I shall let it be.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Estéema » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:06 am

It's good to be open & discuss death when topic arises with family, relatives, friends or pets situation that presents itself. Discuss based on your individual belief.

It's so sad to see my FIL struggling as he's now wrought with aging health issues & frantically worried abt death & wanting to find ways to cure himself & extend his life. This has affected MIL & BIL who had been led to help his call for help to get cordyceps, even whilst he is in hospital care. In spite of our explanation that these hv no scientific backing, FIL is disappointed that we're not helping at this critical juncture of his life.

We explained how he'll fear bcoz he does not know where exactly he is going nor has he been assured of an eternal life given only by the Creator of Life. In not being assured, he's seen now frantic to search for the truth & solutions to his life. Who can escape death?

BIL set back to realized in his desire to help FIL, he forgot abt his faith & just last evening reaffirmed himself.

Death where is your sting? We fear you not.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:26

Post by starlight1968sg » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:59 pm

Esteema
Faith/religion helps us to tie over timed when we were so hopeless and helpless.

Mum was not willing to leave us but had no choice. We had no choice to accept her departure too.

If we think about it, when we are born, our death is confirmed and it is just a matter of time.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:75

Post by ngl2010 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:02 pm

Estéema wrote: It's so sad to see my FIL struggling as he's now wrought with aging health issues & frantically worried abt death & wanting to find ways to cure himself & extend his life. This has affected MIL & BIL who had been led to help his call for help to get cordyceps, even whilst he is in hospital care. In spite of our explanation that these hv no scientific backing, FIL is disappointed that we're not helping at this critical juncture of his life.
A few years back, I will argue with my mom or my PIL if they want to consume something that is not proven scientifically. Now I just let them be because even if it is not proven scientifically, it may have positive effect on them because of placebo effect.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:74

Post by ammonite » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:24 pm

imho, when someone is dying, being right is besides the point. Just keep them happy and as comfortable as possible and let them pass peacefully.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:26

Post by starlight1968sg » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:28 pm

I don’t think any would be happy when one is dying. It is just acceptance of a life cycle.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Estéema » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:38 pm

Just got off long conversation with doc abt managing FIL's health. Cordycep was discussed. He'll be advising FIL to be careful with Chinese herbs. The concern is the source of these herbs. They had a case before where an elderly was given cordycep mixture with lead that poison his liver.

Anyway, Spore govt will only step in when there are illegal chemical compounds or qty exceeding approved levels. Many so-called health boosters are allowed in outside Chinese shops, pharmacies or those GNC likes are treated as harmless herbs, in a sense what ngl2010 indicated as placebo to give that 'hope' & good feel even if it does nothing & costs exorbitantLu.