Talking about Death ...

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:47

Re: Talking about Death ...

Post by Estéema » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:18 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:As adults, we know once born, death is just a matter of when.
Knowing is one, coping with death of loved ones is totally another area.

I am still learning how to cope with the death of my mum.

She left but at times, I still cant believe it bec everything is just the same except she is no longer around with us.

Am not sure if this is an apt description:

Like kids having wheee fun in Universal Studio. Had so much fun, can't bear to end the fun, even if all good things need to come to end.

When mum had 2 strokes & pneumonia, I kept begging for doc to do all they can to restore her health claiming she's always been a strong & healthy person with no vices. But those years of struggles came to an end. Only close to a full year's of grief & depression then I realised, to let her go is the best bcoz she had suffered enuf of shouldering family needs & her later illness. She's up there in her well deserved resting place.

Life with multi-faceted events & the ups/downs of experiences, when come to endtimes, we're just resistant or reluctant to let go.

Earthly life is a lot of evil & sufferings. If we can all be persuaded that afterlife is a great place to go, without tears but lots of warmth & love.

Not sure if my experience with my mum helps.

FantasyLandDreams
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:9

Post by FantasyLandDreams » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:54 pm

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:119

Post by Jennifer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:06 am

FLD,

:thankyou: for sharing this article.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:38

Post by zac's mum » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:45 am

Todayonline article. A very long but interesting read. My personal opinion is the Today author did a really good job at writing this article. The history and facts of the place (and the industry) is quite fully covered, peppered with interesting stories to boot. Full marks for essay-writing skills haha!

http://bit.ly/2oP9XTF

“The Big Read: In memoriam — Mount Vernon, a sanctuary which provided both comfort and chills”

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:38

Post by zac's mum » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:29 pm

Garden of Peace: Ash scattering garden at Choa Chu Kang Cemetery to be open to all faiths
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sin ... y-11450254

brainstorm21
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by brainstorm21 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:52 pm

UncleLim wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:20 pm
Have you tried talking to or discussing with your kids about death?

I did it and also dictated how the funeral is going to be. Not sure if my wishes will be followed, but at least we talked about it. :wink:
Do you thing this is the best idea ?
If you think, that they are immortals, then you are wrong, but if you really want to talk, better to talk about it in the age of 14-15...

CerlynR
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by CerlynR » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:50 am

As many of us know, death occurs in many ways. It may be sudden, expected, prolonged or accidental. Part of the experience is finding ways to express what's happened, to make sense of what's happened, and finally, to accept what's happened.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/bl ... bout-death