If your child tells you he wants to be a construction worker

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

If your child tells you he wants to be a construction worker

Postby concern2 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:36 pm

If your child tells you he wants to be a construction worker, how would you respond to him/her?

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: If your child tells you he wants to be a construction wo

Postby schweppes » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:40 pm

concern2 wrote:If your child tells you he wants to be a construction worker, how would you respond to him/her?

my dd2 who was then 4yo did ask me that question.

My reply, "oh, u mean u want to be an engineer." :wink:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:47 pm

Actually both girls during their kindy days had discussed their career choices. They were 4yo and 6yo then.

Later on, jie jie decided that she will be the fashion designer and mei mei the tailor. I told them if they choose that path, then, be the best fashion design team around.

Anyway, kids change their minds about what they want to do all the time.

Maybe as long as it is a respectable career choice and they don't live off their parents :sweat: :sweat:

:wink:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:17 pm

concern2 wrote:If your child tells you he wants to be a construction worker, how would you respond to him/her?

Go be...just be the best of what you can.

Postby schweppes » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:28 pm

Come to think of it, they have also said that they wanted to be cleaners when they were in kindy.

My reply: Ok... now u can start by helping mommy clean the tables after you eat. :wink:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:34 pm

why not ? good skills acquired

later can become good developer of real estate. I look at the eventual possibilities rather than treat it as a dead end

eg for so many years no one wanted to study civil engineering....now we are so short of it that we grab any civil engineering fresh grads from all over the world .....
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:36 pm

schweppes wrote:Come to think of it, they have also said that they wanted to be cleaners when they were in kindy.

My reply: Ok... now u can start by helping mommy clean the tables after you eat. :wink:

cleaners ? eventually be the big boss in Sem Waste, why not ?
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:46 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:
schweppes wrote:Come to think of it, they have also said that they wanted to be cleaners when they were in kindy.

cleaners ? eventually be the big boss in Sem Waste, why not ?

haha... that was what i was thinking too. I think it's how we help our kids to shape their dreams.

I wanted to be an actress and tennis player (think Chris Evert) when young. But got poor hand-eye coordination, so there goes the tennis career. :skeptical:

And as for being a stage actress, can't get to join Broadway, so now I play different roles in life... as mommy, wifey, daughter, friend, office worker.... :wink:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:48 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:

why not ? good skills acquired

later can become good developer of real estate. I look at the eventual possibilities rather than treat it as a dead end

eg for so many years no one wanted to study civil engineering....now we are so short of it that we grab any civil engineering fresh grads from all over the world .....

:hi5: :hi5: spot on!!

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:06 pm

You are one lucky mummy!!!
:rahrah: :rahrah: :rahrah:

Next

Return to Recess Time