Campus Crusade for Christ stop order at NUS

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Campus Crusade for Christ stop order at NUS

Postby 3Boys » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:43 pm

"SINGAPORE - The National University of Singapore (NUS) has told student group NUS Christian Group Campus Crusade for Christ (NUS CCC) to cease all activities on campus, reported The Straits Times.

This comes after the group received flak for its disrespectful comments about Buddhists and Muslims."

http://www.edvantage.com.sg/edvantage/n ... ampus.html

Sigh, the foolishness of youth.

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 220


Re: Campus Crusade for Christ stop order at NUS

Postby Daddy D » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:50 pm

I wonder these kids go to which church(es)?
:shrug:

Daddy D
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2745
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 3


Re: Campus Crusade for Christ stop order at NUS

Postby violin_lover » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:51 pm

3Boys wrote:"SINGAPORE - The National University of Singapore (NUS) has told student group NUS Christian Group Campus Crusade for Christ (NUS CCC) to cease all activities on campus, reported The Straits Times.

This comes after the group received flak for its disrespectful comments about Buddhists and Muslims."

http://www.edvantage.com.sg/edvantage/n ... ampus.html

Sigh, the foolishness of youth.


Actually they are being "overly passionate" and didn't realise that a line has crossed. Hope no one got into trouble.........

violin_lover
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:46 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Campus Crusade for Christ stop order at NUS

Postby violin_lover » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:52 pm

Daddy D wrote:I wonder these kids go to which church(es)?
:shrug:


"The student group is part of the Singapore Campus Crusade for Christ (SCCC), an inter-denominational outreach ministry which oversees other similar groups in tertiary institutions here."

I don't really know much about the group. I was from VCF previously :-)

violin_lover
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:46 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Campus Crusade for Christ stop order at NUS

Postby larkspur » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:23 pm

I ganna persuaded by a fren to join the NUS CCC camp and i never know what the camp is about.Imagine my horror wheni realise i have to attend bible study group in the morning, afternoon have to go to Jurong east interchange and do preaching to all passerby and get them to accept christ by taking down their names and contact. I dun wan to do that and i was swamped by the camp members that i have to do that and in order to get myself out of the trouble, i have to target one primary school girl (May heaven forgave my treachous)cos can just easily get a number and name. Of course a lot of passerby scolded everyone of the group but if i were not in the same camp, i will be amazed by their strenghth to withstand the scolding by public.

As for the churches, they go to all the churches in their area, so if u stay in that area, they will invite you to the church.That time lah, my fren invited me and other groups of frens to her church. i am quite amazed to see also that they try to pull other christian friends to their churches even though some have been attending the same church since young

larkspur
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:33 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: Campus Crusade for Christ stop order at NUS

Postby violin_lover » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:28 pm

larkspur wrote:I ganna persuaded by a fren to join the NUS CCC camp and i never know what the camp is about.Imagine my horror wheni realise i have to attend bible study group in the morning, afternoon have to go to Jurong east interchange and do preaching to all passerby and get them to accept christ by taking down their names and contact. I dun wan to do that and i was swamped by the camp members that i have to do that and in order to get myself out of the trouble, i have to target one primary school girl (May heaven forgave my treachous)cos can just easily get a number and name. Of course a lot of passerby scolded everyone of the group but if i were not in the same camp, i will be amazed by their strenghth to withstand the scolding by public.

As for the churches, they go to all the churches in their area, so if u stay in that area, they will invite you to the church.That time lah, my fren invited me and other groups of frens to her church. i am quite amazed to see also that they try to pull other christian friends to their churches even though some have been attending the same church since young


Wow.... I didn't know about that......

violin_lover
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:46 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Campus Crusade for Christ stop order at NUS

Postby larkspur » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:38 pm

now thinking back,so scary to me.i stayed away from that fren partly cos she con me to the camp , telling me normal camp( i have been to orientation camp so i tot something like that) and partly cos during school hours, her church frens from same faculty will make it a point to sit with me during breaktime ( i am not a convert that time) and once my course mate compliment me on my new skirt, i got a scolding by the big brother of her church when i say thanks to my course mate and smiled. I can still remember his exact words after 14 years" you think she is sincere in complimenting you, y must u be pleased ?We dun need this kind of compliment,we must trust in the lord." at that time i was thinking what has the lord got to do with people compliment? but i stayed away from him and the rest and i found my own niche with a group of frens who have the same thinking as me and who will do crazy funny things together. This experience is what i am still trying to forget and i guess i am still tramatised when people mentioned camp. I will make i ask what of kind camp and what they do.

larkspur
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:33 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Campus Crusade for Christ stop order at NUS

Postby Daddy D » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:22 pm

The big brother could be a pastor now?
:yikes: :siam:

Daddy D
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2745
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 3


Re: Campus Crusade for Christ stop order at NUS

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:38 am

Think in the 80s and early 90s, alot of the evangelitical movement was initiated/influenced by foreign groups. They were extremely aggressive and that even freaked me out!!

Imagine, like they will talk to you in the public bus...and ask you what church you from....then say "Why donch you come to my church?"...I was like 'HUH??!!"

Believe in the 90s their leaders were called to drink coffee...so after that very much toned down.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14655
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 am
Total Likes: 148


Re: Campus Crusade for Christ stop order at NUS

Postby larkspur » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:31 am

Daddy D wrote:The big brother could be a pastor now?
:yikes: :siam:



i dunno and i dun wish to find out cos i dun even want to see the face :yikes:

larkspur
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:33 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Recess Time