if yr kid sec sch teacher barely teach.

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

if yr kid sec sch teacher barely teach.

Postby Herbie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:34 pm

if yr kid's teacher barely teach and hardly mark worksheets and talk unrelated stuff in class.
Will u take action to complain to the sch?

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: if yr kid sec sch does not barely teach.

Postby Flowermonaster » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:09 am

Herbie, you got kid in sec school already huh? May be you can find out more before make any complain to Sch.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Snow Crystal » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:44 am

Hi Herbie - major consideration: what if principal takes no action after complaint and worse - that teacher holds it against you and become biased against your kid in class via small actions. Nowadays i notice high teacher turnover, teachers shortage and many go on unpaid/maternity/study leave. I think principals have staffing issues and would be reluctant to change teachers unless collective major complaints. Some principal/teacher may turn defensive. Personally I will forget about this teacher, give up and turn to tuition for my kid in that subject. If I can't afford tuition, will get kid to self study and supplement with assessment and guide books. Any questions separately consult that teacher (stay cordial) and helpful classmates.

Now you understand why the tuition sector is so vibrant in Singapore and why parents' only wish is for all the teachers to do the basic job of teaching well and effectively, so that we do not have to spend so much time and money on tuition. Instead of going NIE to just learn general topics, MOE should conduct proper, detailed, constant training to teachers on how to teach a specific subject well and effectively in addition to upgrading knowledge. Instead of attending KPI meetings, HODs and principal should quietly and secretly stand outside some classrooms and observe how teachers conduct lessons.

Having said above, some schools maintain that teachers are not there to teach but to facilitate learning :? Eh...
Last edited by Snow Crystal on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Snow Crystal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby nanosphere » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:48 am

Hi Herbie, it could be because the school wants the child to learn how to learn which means they may give them the outline of the topic and the child hv to read and find out more by himself.

nanosphere
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:46 am

Herbie wrote:if yr kid's teacher barely teach and hardly mark worksheets and talk unrelated stuff in class.

Is it for all subjects or only a couple of subjects?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Herbie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:54 am

Two subjects. One very important subject but i wil affect the L1R6during the streaming exercise.
Sigh...

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:58 am

these days, I only see alot of math homework. Think for other subjects, they probably donch need as much practice.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pinkapple » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:11 am

maybe the teacher is trying to"teach less, learn more?maybe the teacher is trying to "teach less learn more"??

pinkapple
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Flowermonaster » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:07 am

pinkapple wrote:maybe the teacher is trying to"teach less, learn more?maybe the teacher is trying to "teach less learn more"??

Teach less & go tuition centre to learn more, izzit? :evil: :siam:

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: if yr kid sec sch teacher barely teach.

Postby violin_lover » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Herbie wrote:if yr kid's teacher barely teach and hardly mark worksheets and talk unrelated stuff in class.

I thought your kid is in primary......

violin_lover
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time