Leaflets thrown inside house or leave at door gate

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Leaflets thrown inside house or leave at door gate

Postby Flowermonaster » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:19 am

I am getting frustrated with leaflets being thrown inside my house or door gate daily. Everyday I must diligently clear them to avoid getting flooded with them! :mad:
Can imagine if I go on holiday, my door gate will be full of leaflets. Strangers will know that we r not at home for many days. We didn't ask for this! Why r they forcing it down our throat? :cry: For newspaper, I can call the vendor to stop sending during our absence but for this type, how do I tell them? :slapshead:

Of course I can ask my neighbor to help clear them when we r not around but this is not a long term solution. It's really getting on my nerves now! :rant:

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Leaflets thrown inside house or leave at door gate

Postby CookiesMonster » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:40 am

keep yr cool Flowermonaster...i also hv this prob & with lift upgrading at my place, it is worse cos i only hv one neighbour & with so many workers coming up & down, it is even more apparent.

so what i did was to recycle those flyers. for single-sided esp from housing agents, i will collect them as they are roughly about the same size, clipped it together & voila!! you have a stack of writing papers to scribble on. for those double-sided, you can slot into yr newspapers & sell to karang guni.

you can improve your relationship with your neighbour by coming up with a verbal agreement to help each other to clear out the flyers whenever each family is on holiday. this arrangement certainly helps for my case & i hope it will works for you too.

CookiesMonster
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sall » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:01 pm

CookiesMonster wrote:keep yr cool Flowermonaster...i also hv this prob & with lift upgrading at my place, it is worse cos i only hv one neighbour & with so many workers coming up & down, it is even more apparent.

so what i did was to recycle those flyers. for single-sided esp from housing agents, i will collect them as they are roughly about the same size, clipped it together & voila!! you have a stack of writing papers to scribble on. for those double-sided, you can slot into yr newspapers & sell to karang guni.

you can improve your relationship with your neighbour by coming up with a verbal agreement to help each other to clear out the flyers whenever each family is on holiday. this arrangement certainly helps for my case & i hope it will works for you too.

Yes, this is exactly what I do. Those printed on one side is used for writing and the rest for Mr karang guni. No need to get upset at all. :smile:

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Flowermonaster wrote:I am getting frustrated with leaflets being thrown inside my house or door gate daily. Everyday I must diligently clear them to avoid getting flooded with them! :mad:
Can imagine if I go on holiday, my door gate will be full of leaflets. Strangers will know that we r not at home for many days. We didn't ask for this! Why r they forcing it down our throat? :cry: For newspaper, I can call the vendor to stop sending during our absence but for this type, how do I tell them? :slapshead:

Of course I can ask my neighbor to help clear them when we r not around but this is not a long term solution. It's really getting on my nerves now! :rant:

totally agreed with you

tankee
Site Admin

Postby concern2 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:15 pm

I have a suggestion: Hang a plastic bag, those with the message "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" at your gate with this message: Thanks for your promotional leaflets. Kindly deposit them into this trash bag. :rotflmao:

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Thanks for the suggestion cookie monster & sall. I had tried that before but I don't need/use so much papers. I even fold them into big, med, small dustbin but they r accumulating faster than my usage so in the end I throw them into the dustbin.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:39 pm

concern2 wrote:I have a suggestion: Hang a plastic bag, those with the message "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" at your gate with this message: Thanks for your promotional leaflets. Kindly deposit them into this trash bag. :rotflmao:

:rotflmao:
Seriously I thought of that before. After much consideration, I forgo the idea as the leaflet distributor will not spent time reading it. They just touch & go. Time is precious to them. My neighbor dont even bother, just throw them outside & wait for the cleaner to clear them in the morning.

Don't the advertiser realize that if I lock my letter box inlet(not sure wat it is called) it means I am not interested in junk mail? That's the purpose of having the lock right? If they want to advertise, can alway use the notice board downstair. Isnt it neater & better for everyone?

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby shinri » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Aiyoh, I also have same problem. I agree it's very irritating.
Normally, for me, if those leaflets are almost dropping from my gate, then I'll make sure they drop to the floor outside my house. :evil:
I dunno about how much you receive in a day/week, but I get quite a lot because my area is hot property with good location.
So those property agents all get kah kia to slip their advertisements into our gates.
DH & me did contemplate taking pictures of a 'fully-loaded' gate to send to town council. But then again, what can town council do?

shinri
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Flowermonaster » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:00 pm

shinri wrote:Aiyoh, I also have same problem. I agree it's very irritating.
Normally, for me, if those leaflets are almost dropping from my gate, then I'll make sure they drop to the floor outside my house. :evil:
I dunno about how much you receive in a day/week, but I get quite a lot because my area is hot property with good location.
So those property agents all get kah kia to slip their advertisements into our gates.
DH & me did contemplate taking pictures of a 'fully-loaded' gate to send to town council. But then again, what can town council do?

:rotflmao: Thats what my neighbor do. :wink:
But I really pity the cleaner so I alway throw them into the rubbish bin. I will not use/buy any service/goods from the leaflets & hopefully they realize that it's a waste of money advertising it that way & stop doing it.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby concern2 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:03 pm

Flowermonaster wrote:
concern2 wrote:I have a suggestion: Hang a plastic bag, those with the message "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" at your gate with this message: Thanks for your promotional leaflets. Kindly deposit them into this trash bag. :rotflmao:

:rotflmao:
Seriously I thought of that before. After much consideration, I forgo the idea as the leaflet distributor will not spent time reading it. They just touch & go. Time is precious to them. My neighbor dont even bother, just throw them outside & wait for the cleaner to clear them in the morning.

Don't the advertiser realize that if I lock my letter box inlet(not sure wat it is called) it means I am not interested in junk mail? That's the purpose of having the lock right? If they want to advertise, can alway use the notice board downstair. Isnt it neater & better for everyone?

That message is really just for laughs! It sounded rude too. :laugh:

:idea: Any agents or locksmith who like to think of 'little gifts' to encourage your target market to keep you ads could do this: make containers for your market so they can put outside their gates to collect the leaflets. You can be assured they'll be there perpetually! I'd be one of those who would use it to hang outside at my gate! ....But hor, please make it decent looking or it will also end up in my trash. :laugh:

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time