lipsticks

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

lipsticks

Postby LOLMum » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:42 pm

hm..... cant find a suitable place to post this. is there a beauty/grooming place to ask questions on fashion/beauty?

anyway, would appreciate some advice.

i get very frustrated when my lipstick breaks away from the holder (especially when it still has a long way to go). any way to prevent this from happening? i didnt drop my lipstick and it was firmly attached to the holder when i used it for the first 10/20 times.

how do i flatten the lipstick tip? if it remain pointed at the tip, the tip would break off midway when used.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: lipsticks

Postby schweppes » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:03 pm

what a good question to ask. my lipsticks sometimes break too even tho i don't drop them.

me thinks maybe i too chor lor (rough) :oops: :oops:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:05 pm

so far, i like the ones from bobby brown - the longish looking stick instead of the the regular size ones. find that the longish ones tend to last longer

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LOLMum » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:40 pm

huh.....last longer as in stays on the lips for a longer period or wont break off easily?

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:44 pm

LOLMum wrote:huh.....last longer as in stays on the lips for a longer period or wont break off easily?

as in won't break off so easily

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby auntieM » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Me loves long lipsticks too.. Bobbi Brown and the popular Jap brands have quite a range to choose from..
Can try Clinique Chubby stick if you like 'crayonish' lipstick.. :smile:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:17 am

auntieM wrote:Me loves long lipsticks too.. Bobbi Brown and the popular Jap brands have quite a range to choose from..
Can try Clinique Chubby stick if you like 'crayonish' lipstick.. :smile:

Oh... is the Chubby good? I find it very cute looking too :lol:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:24 am

must share a frivolous story... so many depressing stories in the news lately so must laugh at ourselves once in a while :wink:

When i was in my early 20s, i was very fascinated by Isabella Rossellini, the Italian actress. Thot she was absoulutely beautiful.

So... when she was modelling for Lancome, I decided to switch to Lancome as well. One of the products that I bought was the lipstick. But dont know what ingredient they put in the lipstick... ended up being allergic to it and my lips swell up. :yikes: Trust me... it ain't anywhere near the Angelina Jolie's sexy and pouty lips look. :cry:

It was terrible. :shock: Since then... have stayed away from Lancome and also YSL, :siam: and am quite particular of the lipsticks that i buy now. :scared: :roll:

:wink:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LOLMum » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:51 am

hahahaha, tony leung in 东成西就。

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:07 pm

schweppes wrote:must share a frivolous story... so many depressing stories in the news lately so must laugh at ourselves once in a while :wink:

When i was in my early 20s, i was very fascinated by Isabella Rossellini, the Italian actress. Thot she was absoulutely beautiful.

So... when she was modelling for Lancome, I decided to switch to Lancome as well. One of the products that I bought was the lipstick. But dont know what ingredient they put in the lipstick... ended up being allergic to it and my lips swell up. :yikes: Trust me... it ain't anywhere near the Angelina Jolie's sexy and pouty lips look. :cry:

It was terrible. :shock: Since then... have stayed away from Lancome and also YSL, :siam: and am quite particular of the lipsticks that i buy now. :scared: :roll:

:wink:

Eh but swollen lips are hot now. :) People inject stuff into their lips to swell them up. :)

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time