Parent pays nearly $6,000 a month in tuition fees

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
Post Reply

Will you pay $6K a month for tuition?

Yes
5
6%
No
82
94%
 
Total votes: 87

ER
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Oct 07,

Re: Parent pays nearly $6,000 a month in tuition fees

Post by ER » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:50 am

This is madness. Some pople cannot even afford normal school fees and here we have people spending 6k a month on extras.

I am curious where the child finds the time to have all those classes at Sec 3!

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4890
Joined: Mon Oct 20,
Total Likes:29

Re: Parent pays nearly $6,000 a month in tuition fees

Post by concern2 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:01 am

ER wrote:This is madness. Some pople cannot even afford normal school fees and here we have people spending 6k a month on extras.

I am curious where the child finds the time to have all those classes at Sec 3!
ER, it isn't madness. Everything is relative. What is madness is if you get some rich folks paying for some services LESS than what you have to pay, and/or getting scholarships that would deprive others who could not afford - THAT IS the MADNESS of today's society - any society in fact.

Daddy D
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 2755
Joined: Thu Jul 09,
Total Likes:3

Re: Parent pays nearly $6,000 a month in tuition fees

Post by Daddy D » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:11 am

Madness is when there is more than 1 person clicking on the YES button...
:siam: :duck:

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 6608
Joined: Thu Jan 15,
Total Likes:10

Re: Parent pays nearly $6,000 a month in tuition fees

Post by KSP » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:21 am

This amt could just be the monthly depreciation of a 1M car for the rich. Their kid's education is definitely more important than the car. Anyway i don't even bother as i know if we start comparing and there will be no end to it.

There should one more choice up there - Can't be bothered
Last edited by KSP on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 2299
Joined: Wed Jan 28,

Re: Parent pays nearly $6,000 a month in tuition fees

Post by smurf » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:22 am

haha..but but but, at the end of the day, parents are still sending your kids to tuition right???


concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4890
Joined: Mon Oct 20,
Total Likes:29

Re: Parent pays nearly $6,000 a month in tuition fees

Post by concern2 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:25 am

Daddy D wrote:Madness is when there is more than 1 person clicking on the YES button...
:siam: :duck:
:rotflmao:

If you add 'IF I CAN AFFORD IT' , you'll surely get more clicks!!! :laugh:

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 6608
Joined: Thu Jan 15,
Total Likes:10

Re: Parent pays nearly $6,000 a month in tuition fees

Post by KSP » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:28 am

concern2 wrote:
Daddy D wrote:Madness is when there is more than 1 person clicking on the YES button...
:siam: :duck:
:rotflmao:

If you add 'IF I CAN AFFORD IT' , you'll surely get more clicks!!! :laugh:
:udawoman:

ER
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Oct 07,

Re: Parent pays nearly $6,000 a month in tuition fees

Post by ER » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:33 am

concern2 wrote:
Daddy D wrote:Madness is when there is more than 1 person clicking on the YES button...
:siam: :duck:
:rotflmao:

If you add 'IF I CAN AFFORD IT' , you'll surely get more clicks!!! :laugh:

Even if you can afford it, can the child take it? They'll burn out in no time. Madness!

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 682
Joined: Sat Jan 09,
Total Likes:7

Re: Parent pays nearly $6,000 a month in tuition fees

Post by UncleLim » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:46 am

Daddy D wrote:http://www.edvantage.com.sg/edvantage/n ... _fees.html

"Her son is a straight A student in a top boys' school here yet this mother spends $5,800 a month on his tuition....
To top it off, she pays people to do her son's homework when he can't cope with the combination of school and tuition assignments.
She pays $200 per hour if they have to swing by before midnight and $250 an hour when it's later..."

Something is seriously wrong here... :yikes:

Fast forward 20 years.

Let us see this parent pay top dollars to solve the precious son's marriage problems, failure as a son, husband and father, dishonesty at work, incompetency in managing his personal finances, brushes with the law etc etc.

:xedfingers:

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 6608
Joined: Thu Jan 15,
Total Likes:10

Re: Parent pays nearly $6,000 a month in tuition fees

Post by KSP » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:12 pm

UncleLim wrote:
Daddy D wrote:http://www.edvantage.com.sg/edvantage/n ... _fees.html

"Her son is a straight A student in a top boys' school here yet this mother spends $5,800 a month on his tuition....
To top it off, she pays people to do her son's homework when he can't cope with the combination of school and tuition assignments.
She pays $200 per hour if they have to swing by before midnight and $250 an hour when it's later..."

Something is seriously wrong here... :yikes:

Fast forward 20 years.

Let us see this parent pay top dollars to solve the precious son's marriage problems, failure as a son, husband and father, dishonesty at work, incompetency in managing his personal finances, brushes with the law etc etc.

:xedfingers:
This boy may be attending (say) 10 tuitions. He only has time to finish the homework for (say) 8 tuitions and still learn something from there. Maybe the last 2 that need help and pay someone to complete. This may be an early exposure for him on crisis management.

Like a boss take in more orders than his factory can product. He has no choice but to outsource the excess to other contract manufacturers.

Post Reply