Child abduction at AMK Hub

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Child abduction at AMK Hub

Postby pinky » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:54 am

Headline in yesterday's Xinmin paper:
Happened on Sunday around 1.15pm at basement of AMK Hub.
After feeding her son, a mother went to throw something into a rubbish bin. When she turned back, she saw a lady holding her son's hand and
walking away. Horrified, she stopped the lady and demanded to know what happened. The lady in China-accented Mandarin claimed 'mistaken
identity' and calmly walked away with a male companion. However her son told her that the jie jie offered to take him home.
The mother made a report at the reception and also to the police.
This incident was verified true and even MP Seng Han Thong advised parents to be vigilant and to take care of their kids. He was there with RC members, police and the management to discuss how to enhance
security at the Hub and to be on the lookout.

:yikes: I think the best way for mothers is to shout for help and get the
abductors arrested for questioning. As it is, the culprits are now free to set target on another unsuspecting child.... :nailbite:
So parents, please be on your guard at all times, imagine this attempted
abduction happened on a weekend and lunch time where there is a big crowd and the culprits just blatantly did it :nunchuk: :spank:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Child abduction at AMK Hub

Postby janet88 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:05 am

Ever since the 2 boys were kidnapped more than 20 years ago, I have become paranoid, ESP with more foreigners now. Parents, pls do not leave your kids alone.

It's indeed very scary that this is happening. Thank goodness the mother was alert.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby northernstar » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:06 am

wow so scary! happened at broad daylight! luckily the mother managed to stop e china woman in time. cant imagine what she's going to do to the boy after abduction :yikes:

ya pinky i also agreed with u that she should be arrested for investigation. who knows she may be from a syndicate as she had an accomplice with her.

northernstar
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:07 am

read abt this in the ST.

Hope there were surveillance captures that can verify this.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:10 am

northernstar wrote:wow so scary! happened at broad daylight! luckily the mother managed to stop e china woman in time. cant imagine what she's going to do to the boy after abduction :yikes:

ya pinky i also agreed with u that she should be arrested for investigation. who knows she may be from a syndicate as she had an accomplice with her.

Yup, the child was lucky to escape this time...but I strongly feel that woman should be investigated...she may belong to a syndicate. There were some Thai teenagers kidnapped and forced into vice.
Ministry of Home Affairs/police, are you looking into this seriously ?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:12 am

janet_lee88 wrote:Ever since the 2 boys were kidnapped more than 20 years ago, I have become paranoid, ESP with more foreigners now. Parents, pls do not leave your kids alone.

It's indeed very scary that this is happening. Thank goodness the mother was alert.

I recalled the 2 boys that were abducted were like upper primary age. It happened when I was in primary school. In fact I still recall the face of 1 of them as there were posters of them everywhere.

Frankly, I was still thinking to myself, with my dd1 and ds in P5 and P4 and they travel independently will that be lower risk. Now that you mentioned those 2 boys.... :nailbite: I better go home and educate them.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby pinky » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:15 am

what happened to kids abducted in China:
1. killed and their organs removed and sold
2. sold off as child labour
3. sold to childless couples
4. limbs chopped off and sent them off to beg in the streets
5. trained to be pickpockets and other vices

back in China, children are forcefully taken from their mothers while on the streets in broad daylight :nailbite: :yikes: There was this young mother carrying her baby on the streets when the abductors just grabbed the baby from her arms and drove away....

this is just disgusting :nunchuk:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby northernstar » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:18 am

MMM wrote:
janet_lee88 wrote:Ever since the 2 boys were kidnapped more than 20 years ago, I have become paranoid, ESP with more foreigners now. Parents, pls do not leave your kids alone.

I recalled the 2 boys that were abducted were like upper primary age. It happened when I was in primary school. In fact I still recall the face of 1 of them as there were posters of them everywhere.

Frankly, I was still thinking to myself, with my dd1 and ds in P5 and P4 and they travel independently will that be lower risk. Now that you mentioned those 2 boys.... :nailbite: I better go home and educate them.

abduction of children can happen to any age and gender. i feel children should be taught to be street-wise and don't talk to strangers as it still works until now. as they grow up, they have to learn to be independent and we parents can't monitor or control them 24 hrs especially if we need to work and they have their own life. when they are old enough to go out themselves, they should be alert themselves or stay together with their friends and lookout for one another.

northernstar
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby northernstar » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:19 am

pinky wrote:what happened to kids abducted in China:
1. killed and their organs removed and sold
2. sold off as child labour
3. sold to childless couples
4. limbs chopped off and sent them off to beg in the streets
5. trained to be pickpockets and other vices

back in China, children are forcefully taken from their mothers while on the streets in broad daylight :nailbite: :yikes: There was this young mother carrying her baby on the streets when the abductors just grabbed the baby from her arms and drove away....

this is just disgusting :nunchuk:

abduction to overseas is more terrifying than kidnapping!

northernstar
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Daddy D » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:19 am

Initially thought it was just a hoax... Now seems real.
Why never detain the suspect on the spot?
How to catch now?
:faint:

Daddy D
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time