Kidnapped in Singapore

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Kidnapped in Singapore

Postby chloecube » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:54 pm

Got this from a frd, hope all parents can be alert with our little ones.

Hi mummy friends . FYI
Alert for all parents in Singapore especially the ones residing in eastern part (Tampines, Pasir Ris & Simei) - 2 recent kidnapped cases just been reported this morning. A primary 3 boy from Griffiths Primary School at Tampines St 22 was last seen walking with a Chinese man seems to be a PRC guy around 7am in the morning of 29th March 2012. He was lured away just before he was abt to enter school compound. He is untraceable till this moment. Another case reported at Tampines too, a school girl was dragged and pushed into a white van by a Chinese lady also seems to be PRC citizen. She was kidnapped just before she entered her child care centre this morning. Few roadblocks are spotted along Tampines twds expressway and roads leading to other neighborhood. Pls take good care and be alert on our children's whereabouts. Spread the MSG pls.

chloecube
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Kidnapped in Singapore

Postby Picolo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:00 pm

chloecube wrote:Got this from a frd, hope all parents can be alert with our little ones.

Hi mummy friends . FYI
Alert for all parents in Singapore especially the ones residing in eastern part (Tampines, Pasir Ris & Simei) - 2 recent kidnapped cases just been reported this morning. A primary 3 boy from Griffiths Primary School at Tampines St 22 was last seen walking with a Chinese man seems to be a PRC guy around 7am in the morning of 29th March 2012. He was lured away just before he was abt to enter school compound. He is untraceable till this moment. Another case reported at Tampines too, a school girl was dragged and pushed into a white van by a Chinese lady also seems to be PRC citizen. She was kidnapped just before she entered her child care centre this morning. Few roadblocks are spotted along Tampines twds expressway and roads leading to other neighborhood. Pls take good care and be alert on our children's whereabouts. Spread the MSG pls.

Geez! I also got this MSG an hour ago.

Picolo
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Mychildren » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:03 pm

OMG! So scary, they dared to drag the child in broad day light. Why nobody shout and stop this lady when she was been dragged???
Mychildren
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Picolo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:04 pm

Picolo wrote:
chloecube wrote:Got this from a frd, hope all parents can be alert with our little ones.

Hi mummy friends . FYI

Geez! I also got this MSG an hour ago.

Heard from another fren that Griffiths Primary School's case is just a hoax... s :? :scratchhead: whatever it is, just have to be more alert...

Picolo
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby puff » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:05 pm

I think ppl too stun to react ... But must have at least take down the van plate number rite

puff
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby puff » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:08 pm

Kidnapped for ransom is death penalty in Singapore ... But if it's abduction is it still death penalty?

puff
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby chloecube » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:29 pm

Whether hoax or not, we have to be alert all the time

chloecube
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Jworld » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:46 pm

Yes. we have to be very alert. The very fact that most of our people here have been too complacent makes us a very easy and tempting target for any abductors or kidnappers.

Jworld
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby JonC » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:33 am

Overheard coffee shop talk that there are 3 unsuccessful attempts at Sun Plaza next to Sembawang MRT.

My kids go there pretty often, we as parents must be alert.

Thought kidnapping itself (with or without ransom) is death penalty.

Maybe airlines before landing, beside announcing drug is death penalty, should also announce kidnapping is death penalty too.

JonC
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Jworld » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:42 am

My child's kindergarten is organising an excursion soon. A few days ago, a staff or teacher from the kindergarten called me to ask whether I could come along to accompany my kid.

In the past, I have seen pre-schoolers going to the zoo and other attractions only with the teachers, without parents tagging along. I wonder if the schools are being extra careful because of all these reports.

Jworld
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time