YES !! Lights will be OUT, and so will we
NO !! Just another useless meaningless propaganda
No votes
NO !! What's earth hour? :?
No votes
Total votes : 6

Earth Hour 2012

Postby tankee » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:48 pm

Earth Hour is a unique opportunity for all of us to become more sustainable and do something positive for the environment. It’s been the source of inspiration for millions of people taking steps towards a cleaner, safer future. It’s not just about saving energy for one hour, it’s about going Beyond the Hour with lasting, behaviour-changing actions for a sustainable planet.

Earth Hour is our opportunity to show our commitment to change as part of a global interconnected community.

At 8.30pm Singapore time on Saturday 31 March, turn off the lights and switch on our support !!

Site Admin

Re: Earth Hour 2012

Postby JR » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:04 am

The fact that there is not much activity on this thread says a lot. Only 3 votes including mine. My family supported Earth Hour and the lights were switched off. We have been doing this for the last few years.

To me, it is symbolic. A lot has been said about recycling. But actually more effort should be on "reducing". Just imagine, if we don't use if we do not need it, then we won't need to recycle. So instead of just switching off for Earth Hour, we should make it a habit to continue "reducing" usage, both energy and products. Then our resources will last longer.

Re: Earth Hour 2012

Postby Oppsgal » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:53 am

I did not vote...

I think saving earth should be everyday thing to do. Off lights if not in used, turn off taps when not in use, not just on the Earth Day...

Return to Recess Time