Post by schweppes » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:38 am

maybe the parents meant for the pen knife to sharpen the pencil. :faint:

definitely an inappropriate item for preschoolers :roll:

vinlene
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Weird birthday party bag

Post by vinlene » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:38 am

Agreed that the pen knife is dangerous! I would be shocked if my kids received such items in the goody bag.. :scratchhead:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by pinky » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:11 am

there are shops selling goody bags at $1 - $2 and you can't see what the contents are, except 'they are value for money and definitely worth more
than what you pay' so that's how you ended with penknife, stickers etc.
Don't think the parents know or bother about the contents.

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by smurf » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Feedback to the teacher already. It seem strange that some kids party bag dun have.

What would u do if you receive such item in party bag? Do you give it back to the giver or throw away?

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:1

Post by LOLMum » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:11 pm

i will just throw away.

maybe school can send letters (in chinese too) to remind parents not to put sharp objects into party bags.

we had melted chocolates, stained some stuff :sweat:

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:13

Post by phankao » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:31 pm

pinky wrote:there are shops selling goody bags at $1 - $2 and you can't see what the contents are, except 'they are value for money and definitely worth more
than what you pay' so that's how you ended with penknife, stickers etc.
Don't think the parents know or bother about the contents.
I think it's really this kind of goody bags with all sorts of random stuff. Altho' I wonder where they bought them from!

Karl12
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Karl12 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:21 pm

smurf wrote:Oh, and a pack of pencils lead...(weird because why would pre schoolers need and know how to use lead, for mechanical pencils one)??
I actually had a good laugh when I read your post.
The party pack is indeed WEIRD. But since u mention it's from PRC... Ok... Probably got it from their country at super good price. :evil:

Talking about party pack, just a poll.
For school party pack, will you customized the party pack to preferences?
As in my DS class is mostly gals.
But my DS insist on giving Thomas train. I ask him to choose something unisex like toy story or Winnie the pooh, he refuse!!!!
So it's either I give Thomas train to the boys which is around 5 of them only then the rest of the gals I give those girlish things or I give everyone thomas train packs and blue items...
Easier for me...

If u are the parent of the girl, will u tink I am not right??
Dilemma leh... I would think for photo taking it will be nice if everything is thomas train, Coz the theme will be Thomas, cakes, plates, cups...
But at the same time, scare the recipient will not like it.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:109

Post by jtoh » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:24 am

I think Thomas the Tank Engine is quite unisex and I don't think the girls would mind getting a Thomas party pack. But if you think the girls in your ds's class would prefer something more girly then just give them girl party packs and the boys boy party packs. I used to do that because you can't give pink fairy party packs to boys. ;)

Baby_May_09
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Baby_May_09 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:41 am

I also feel that Thomas the train is quite unisex. Actually as long as goodie bag doesn't contain dangerous items like penknife, I am ok.

Even when my boy is young and we don't let him eat junk food, we are ok if even if he gets potato chips or sweets in goodie bags. We either eat it ourselves or throw them away. Unless my boy insisted on eating these, which luckily he don't. I am stricter on junk food when my boy is young but I know some parents are ok with giving their kids tibits since young, so maybe to them it is ok? So I can understand if they give tibits since their kids like tibits and they are just trying to make the kids happy.

Karl12
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Karl12 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:27 pm

Thanks for the advices...
Then I can go ahead with my plans...

Actually party packs can be a headache at times...
Probably some pp don't care about what the recipients think but for me I am really scare certain food stuff, the parents will not like.

For me, I also receive some junk food occasionally. The worst my DS got was some colored sweet that the tongue will turn blue. Ever since that incident, I make sure i read and scrutinize the items before he consume anything in the pack. Imagine how much coloring he had then, and he was only 2 yr+, haven't turn 3 yet. Btw, its also from a PRC classmate.

So likewise when I give out party pack I also make sure all the things are proper and i I rather get things made from msia, Singapore, Japan and Indonesian than u know where.