Weird birthday party bag

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
friendship
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Weird birthday party bag

Post by friendship » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:33 pm

may be PRC clearing up their store room.

pen knife could be use to sharpen the pencil.

Dino mummy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by Dino mummy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:29 am

The "wierdest" goodies bag my boy rec'd years ago was a $2 hongbao:>
I shall not complain on this (v practical "goodie bag) tho' my boy was disappointed with that. I think for kids, they prefer snack and sweets or balloons etc in a goodies bag. I let my kids decide what to pack in the bags...Usually, they opt for food. So, I just bring them to a supermarket and let them choose...mainly tidbits, choc, sweets, cup jelly, biscuits

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:109

Post by jtoh » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:58 am

Karl12 wrote:Thanks for the advices...
Then I can go ahead with my plans...

Actually party packs can be a headache at times...
Probably some pp don't care about what the recipients think but for me I am really scare certain food stuff, the parents will not like.

For me, I also receive some junk food occasionally. The worst my DS got was some colored sweet that the tongue will turn blue. Ever since that incident, I make sure i read and scrutinize the items before he consume anything in the pack. Imagine how much coloring he had then, and he was only 2 yr+, haven't turn 3 yet. Btw, its also from a PRC classmate.

So likewise when I give out party pack I also make sure all the things are proper and i I rather get things made from msia, Singapore, Japan and Indonesian than u know where.
I used to scrutinize the party bags my dd received before letting her consume the candy. If they're MIC brands, I discard them. Too many stories of dubious candy from China. Knowing that other parents do the same, I only packed goody bags with candy which we are familiar with or do away with candy altogether and pack toys or stationery instead.

fightingmom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:6

Post by fightingmom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:48 am

jtoh wrote:
Karl12 wrote:Thanks for the advices...
Then I can go ahead with my plans...

Actually party packs can be a headache at times...
Probably some pp don't care about what the recipients think but for me I am really scare certain food stuff, the parents will not like.

For me, I also receive some junk food occasionally. The worst my DS got was some colored sweet that the tongue will turn blue. Ever since that incident, I make sure i read and scrutinize the items before he consume anything in the pack. Imagine how much coloring he had then, and he was only 2 yr+, haven't turn 3 yet. Btw, its also from a PRC classmate.

So likewise when I give out party pack I also make sure all the things are proper and i I rather get things made from msia, Singapore, Japan and Indonesian than u know where.
I used to scrutinize the party bags my dd received before letting her consume the candy. If they're MIC brands, I discard them. Too many stories of dubious candy from China. Knowing that other parents do the same, I only packed goody bags with candy which we are familiar with or do away with candy altogether and pack toys or stationery instead.

Same here. Had taught DD that it is rude to open a present / gift in front of the giver and when she returns home, I would check the expiry dates for food items inside the packed goodie bag before letting her consume the food.

HAPPYH
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:5

Post by HAPPYH » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:10 pm

jtoh wrote:I think Thomas the Tank Engine is quite unisex and I don't think the girls would mind getting a Thomas party pack. But if you think the girls in your ds's class would prefer something more girly then just give them girl party packs and the boys boy party packs. I used to do that because you can't give pink fairy party packs to boys. ;)

I also do the same. Girly things for girls (pink pink) and boyish stuff for boys (blue). For snacks, I usually buy M and M, bear sweets (jelly like - dont know the same), oreo biscuit and raisins.

HAPPYH
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:5

Post by HAPPYH » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Dino mummy wrote:The "wierdest" goodies bag my boy rec'd years ago was a $2 hongbao:>
I shall not complain on this (v practical "goodie bag) tho' my boy was disappointed with that. I think for kids, they prefer snack and sweets or balloons etc in a goodies bag. I let my kids decide what to pack in the bags...Usually, they opt for food. So, I just bring them to a supermarket and let them choose...mainly tidbits, choc, sweets, cup jelly, biscuits
Last year, I gave popular vouchers to my DD's friends together with diary milk chocolate bar and a magnetic pencil case. Yes, you are right. Everyone liked chocolate bar and the pencil case. They did not even bother about the popular voucher. Of course, their parents appreciated that. Even my DD prefers goodie bags with eatables, yo-yo, face masks with disney characters, etc... Kids are kids, you see.