Re: Woman killed in Sengkang bus accident

Postby AC_Power » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:13 am

66 years old? Isn't it 33?

AC_Power
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MrsSeah » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:16 am

Yesterday I see the news, it said 33 yrs old leh.

MrsSeah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Dawnie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:24 am

I thought she is 33 years old too. Looking at the video, she looked more like 33, rather then 66. It is really very sad, how could the bus driver not see her cross the road? Looking at the traffic and pedestrian crossing the road, it looked like the traffic light was in the victim's favour. RIP!

Dawnie
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby puff » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:12 pm

Bus driver very reckless nowadays .... I can stand beside the zebra crossing waiting for the bus to slow down but instead it sped pass.

puff
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby auntieM » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:51 pm

puff wrote:Bus driver very reckless nowadays .... I can stand beside the zebra crossing waiting for the bus to slow down but instead it sped pass.

Something missing in the training or just plain attitude problem? Really have to be careful.. ...RIP to the lady.. :sad:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby timtim » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:43 pm

MrsSeah wrote:Yesterday I see the news, it said 33 yrs old leh.

CNA and News anyhow report. They have corrected to 66 years old today. Yesterday they found a NTUC card on her body which belongs to her daughter, whom is 33 years old. That caused the mix up and confusion. I guess the body must be badly "damaged" until they can't tell her age on the spot.

timtim
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby blueblue » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:45 pm

They found a ntuc card on the deceased. It belong to her daughter not the deceased. They made a mistake.

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby concern2 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:59 pm

timtim wrote:
MrsSeah wrote:Yesterday I see the news, it said 33 yrs old leh.

CNA and News anyhow report. They have corrected to 66 years old today. Yesterday they found a NTUC card on her body which belongs to her daughter, whom is 33 years old. That caused the mix up and confusion. I guess the body must be badly "damaged" until they can't tell her age on the spot.

This is so unfortunate and sad :sad: . Whenever I walk DD to school, I always wonder if there'll be a vehicle behind me that misses DD and I often make sure she walks beside me. Now, I have to turn my head to make sure. It is different if the traffic is coming head-on. This is a blind spot for pedestrians. Motorists need to be extra careful at such junctions - especially cyclists and joggers - please do not assume that the drivers can see you, or will remember to stop/slow down.

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby znzyzyzx » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Very sad. I hope pedestrian learnt that whether traffic light is in your favour or not, always be alert. I have seen so frequently pedestrian just take their own sweet time crossing the road, smsing on the phone, etc. They think that the drivers will have to give way/slow down for them. They dint realise that all it takes is one careless/reckless driver, or may be technical fault of the brake, and they could be gone. No meaning arguing whose fault it is after that, for the victim.

znzyzyzx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Mychildren » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:31 pm

I always tell my children,"Always think that the drivers cannot see you, you must be careful yourself when crossing the road."

I actually hate that vehicles are allowed to cross at the same time the traffic light is green for right turning vehicles. Kids always thought that once the traffic turns green, they are safe to cross already.

I remember years back when my boys were still small, we were crossing a zebra crossing, one of them in front of me. A red car just sped right through in front of us. If I had not pull back my son in time, he would already have been hit. :pray:
Mychildren
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time