"Bag too heavy" - Chinese Drama on channel 8

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

"Bag too heavy" - Chinese Drama on channel 8

Postby vfong1 » Tue May 26, 2009 4:33 pm

I really like the show! I really pity the school girl where she cannot see her dad cos the mum don't allow and she was so stressed with her school performance and her mum.

Do you watch it too?

vfong1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby hquek » Tue May 26, 2009 5:11 pm

quite enjoy the show, but was half wondering if my kid will learn tricks from the show (telling lies, threatening to jump off). 8)

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby luvmum » Wed May 27, 2009 9:38 am

Enjoy such light hearted and close to heart show after a day's work. But that show truly shows out the reality of the educational system and stress undergone by children. Endless tuition, competition, parent's expectation on their kids w/o knowing what they really like....I find v practical. Sometimes we really dunno if we are loading too much in their small bag that they feel overwhelmed. :?

I Like the show, a pity yesterday last episode...

luvmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kero » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:14 am

It seems that the show at some point like abit Kua Zhang...
I am not sure if it is a true reflection of the current situation in the Singapore.

kero
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby carebear » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:22 pm

hquek wrote:quite enjoy the show, but was half wondering if my kid will learn tricks from the show (telling lies, threatening to jump off). 8)

Ya.
They should have shown the girl jumping off the building and the consequence after that, eg paralysed, blind, etc.
I am also worried that our young ones will emulate their threat of commiting suicide to get what they want.

Generally, i enjoyed the show.
The kids can act so well.
Wonder where the film crew found them.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Andaiz » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:23 pm

Yeah, the kids are great actors eh? Probably too because the situations are so close to heart.

My kids loved watching it although quite disturbed by some of the events. Think it's good to watch with them and explain situations and/or consequences too.

Andaiz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time