Korean History Distortion

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Korean History Distortion

Postby Ichigokun » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:21 pm

All of us know about Korea, a country slightly south of Northeastern China. Recently, because of KPOP, Korean dramas and many other things, they have become really famous in modern-day.

However, Korea is on a furious debate with China about their History and historical land, claiming different parts of China to be theirs, harming China in political arena.

So much so that Koreans are starting to get overboard...

There are many Korean historical claims that are obviously fake, I'm going to list some of them here...

1) Korean history distortion - Baedalguk

Korea was once known as Baedalguk in 7897 BC (impossible because the earliest civilization is Mesopotamia in Middle East as we all know).

100 gods of Hwandan flocked down to earth and nestled in Paektusan (in modern-day North Korea). The "king" of gods, Hwandan saw a bear called Hwannyo and a tiger in Korea, the bear and tiger were taught how to be humans, the tiger gave up eventually but the bear didn't and the bear, Hwannyo, was turned into a human.

The bear and the god Hwandan gave birth to children who are ancestors of the Korean people.

Koreans claim that the country of Baedalguk stretched from the Korean peninsula, down south 5,000 ri (down into Southeast Asia), north 5,000 ri into modern-day Russia, west 10,000 ri into the Middle East and east 10,000 ri into the Pacific Ocean.

That's obviously fake. Up to date, not even the Mongol Empire has achieved such land mass.

2) Korean History Distortion - Shinshi 神巿

Shinshi is just the period of time when Hwandan was heavily populated

3) Korean Unknown History (this piece of History is claimed by Japan, but up to date it's still unknown)

- Gojoseon 2333BC

The first Gojoseon king is Danggun, yet another son of the mythical Hwandan (so we don't know if this is true)

So, what is true Korean history?

Korea is the battlefield of East Asia, Korea in ancient times was constantly being pulled around and abused by neighboring countries such as Japan and China. To make things worse, even Mongolians, Manchus, Jurchens and Khitans come to attack Korea.

The truth is that most of Korean peninsula was under rule of Chinese for over 1,500 years. Even after the 1,500 years, Koreans were paying tribute to Ming and Qing Dynasty (technically Qing belongs to Manchus) of China for another 500 years or so.

Most of the Korean peninsula is controlled by China. What about the rest? They belonged to Japan. Japanese pirates invaded Baekje, Gaya and Mahan of Korea during the three kingdoms of Korea.

Even the earliest-known dynasty, Wima Joseon (as I said, Gojoseon is unknown), has a founder and first king of Chinese descent.

The true independence of Korea started only in the late Qing Dynasty during the Sino-Japanese war, Korea was declared independent. But not for long..

In 1910, Japanese conquered Korea and annexed it for 35 more painstaking years (aka WWII) until the year 1945.

In 1945, the happiness was short-lived, not long after, in 1950, the Korean war sparked off. Korea at that time was listed the second poorest country on earth.

After that, Korea was divided into North Korea and South Korea.

The war is still on-going as no peace treaty was signed even today.

Korea in 1950 was the second poorest country on earth, yet today, it has evolved into one of the richest countries on earth within 62 years.

I must say Koreans created a miracle, that really deserves respect. But many people say that an indelible mark has been left in Koreans, under rule of so many countries for 2,000 years. This results in inferiority and low-confidence in some Koreans, known as ultranationalists (who love their country to an extreme extent).

Yes, I know some of you might find this a bit off-topic for this entire forum, but, yeah. Aren't we allowed to chit-chat (talk about anything) in Recess Time thread? :? :rotflmao: :wink:

Ichigokun
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Korean History Distortion

Postby Ichigokun » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:22 pm

PS: I don't hate Korea. I love KPOP and KDramas. I love things that are Made in Korea too. :)

But I do hate those ultranationalists. Can't wait to ask them to shut the hell up :B

Can't stand those people keep insulting other races like Chinese and Japanese :@ argh!

Ichigokun
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby concern2 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:52 am

When a country or someone attempts to rewrite history, how many will actually will say 'nay', that it is not true?

Fake. Many of these are fake, including their faces. (Of course, it will be unfair to say every one of them are like that). As long as you go register in an international organization that a certain festival belongs to you, who will say 'nay', that it is not true?

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby winchester » Thu May 03, 2012 10:21 am

history is all just a matter of perspective. depends on who you ask, history might be different.

winchester
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby AC_Power » Thu May 03, 2012 11:12 am

I believe when we talk about history, it must be something that is written in ancient text or pictures engraved in caves known to be inhabited by ancient civilization. Apart from that, all must be classified as myth, not history. Just like our Chinese myths on how Pan Gu created the heaven and earth and Nv Wa created humans to roam the earth. These are myth or course, similar to the Korean's bear and God story on how they came about.

Even the stories of tribal lord of Huang Di (widely believed to be the ancestor of Chinese people) are passed down by words of mouth and recorded in Shi Ji by Shima Qian during the Han Dynasty. Since no one can prove or disprove the existence of Huang Di, we will just leave it as it is. Do we put it down as history, no we should not. Ancient history of China should only be traced back credibly with Shi Ji.

Therefore, I am not going to dispute whether the Koreans' version of how their civilization comes about is true or false. If they want to talk history, show us the historical records. Without one, I will just treat it as a myth.

AC_Power
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby lim72 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:32 am

I'm not here to offend any Koreans but this is my personal view and observation. I usually like to compare Koreans with Japanese, to some extend, they have some similarities such as they speak their own unique languages(spoken & written), they are generally proud of their country, jobs and are hardworking.

But I always find something is lacking in most Koreans, such as the way they talk and behave. They are not as cultured or civilised as Japanese. I think I should stop here... :smile:

lim72
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby limlim » Thu May 03, 2012 12:15 pm

korea? which one are u talking abt?

there is 2 korea leh..

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lim72 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:50 am

If you are asking me, I refer more to South Koreans as I have never met North Koreans before and definitely not been to North Korea. :censored:

lim72
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Ichigokun » Fri May 04, 2012 8:58 pm

limlim wrote:korea? which one are u talking abt?

there is 2 korea leh..

Both Koreas are equally guilty.

The North Korean state media (Joseon) had a science show stating that the start of humankind was in Pyongyang of North Korea. They were called Black Mountain Grape Hominid (Potaesan-in).

South Koreans on the other hand, use KBS, the South Korean media, in this show Hanguk Yeogsa-e (History of Korea). They state that Japan was entirely part of a small Southwestern Korean empire named Baekje. And all Japanese are descendants of Baekje.

One even more ridiculous thing they said about Baekje is that Baekje occupied Eastern China: the entire stretch from Jilin, Shenyang, Shandong Peninsula, down into Jiangsu province and Zhejiang province.

Look up on YouTube, they have TONS of Korean history distortion there.

Japanese even created a TV programme to criticize Korea on their claimings that Chinese words were Korean, Confucius is Korean etc. And how Koreans were so despicable to let the world organizations and in turn the world know such fake rubbish.

Everyone knew Duanwujie is Chinese. China did not tell the world organization about that because they saw no need to.

Well? Koreans took the first step and stole this chance. So now everytime us Chinese celebrate Duanwujie, we are celebrating a "Korean" festival

Even major media sources of Japan say so.

Not Just Japan, even Taiwan criticizes Koreans on the NEWS.

Another thing they kinda lied about is about Koguryo. Koguryo is aka Pohai in China. It is one of the racial minorities in Northeastern China and Koreans are claiming Koguryo to be theirs and kicking Chinese and the minorities of Pohai out.

Anyway, search on YouTube for old Korean pictures. You'll be surprised how they used to look...

1) Dark Brown skin like Southeast Asians
2) A Flat Nose and Single Eyelids like Northern Chinese
3) Doesn't even look like civilized people. Their Hanbok, traditional costume, is not what you see today. In the past, women in Hanbok had no cover whatsoever, they show their breats in public as it is a form of pride to them.
(Africans do this too. However, in East Asian culture which are Japanese and Chinese, this is seen as a savage act and not practised)
4) They like to carry things on their heads like Indians and Africans
5) Very Round face, not oval like most East Asians.

Ichigokun
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Ichigokun » Fri May 04, 2012 9:12 pm

So a DNA test was carried out. It is found that the Koreans carry O2b as their main haplogroup.

O2b DNA can also be found in Japanese, Manchus, Indonesians, Thais, Vietnamese, Malays, Polynesians, Micronesians etc. (other Southeast Asians and Southern China minorities such as Li, Hmong and Daic)

O2b is definitely not a DNA haplogroup that originated from North or East Asia since O2b DNA haplogroup cannot be found in the following races:

1) Han Chinese
2) Evenki of Siberia
3) Mongols
4) Chukotskiy of Russia
5) Eskimos of Arctic (they are actually Asian but moved to Arctic)
Etc.

This DNA test was carried out by Japanese experts.

Koreans were raged that Japanese tested out such results from them, and say that it's a fake, so instead, Koreans themselves carried out a DNA test, claiming Chinese and Japanese are the most heavily diluted races in East Asia while Koreans have totally no intermix at all when all they want was just revenge.

Koreans have always prided themselves in being a "pure" and "Altaic, Tungus" race. But the results failed them. The major North Asian DNA haplogroup, C3, is not found in Koreans.

Another DNA haplogroup, O3 is found in Han Chinese and other East Asian races that have intermixed with Chinese including Koreans, Tibetans, Japanese, Vietnamese etc.

O3 is a mix of the O tribes with the C3 tribes of the north.

There is another DNA haplogroup, O1b, which branches out from O1 together with O1a (Malays) though O1b and O1a are different since they mutated over time due to weather and environment.

O1b is very rare and can only be found in over 20% in Taiwanese, Chinese people of Zhejiang province, Fujian province, Jiangsu province, Guangdong province and Hainan Island (coastal areas of China)

However O1b people in the past were quite strong and established many great civilizations as they moved from South China to North Asia, however, many of them got diluted by native tribes.

It's quite surprising that Siberians, although being non-coastal people, have quite a high content of O1b Haplogroups.

- This DNA test was conducted in 2010 by Japanese experts

Ichigokun
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time