how do u handle upper primary boy?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

how do u handle upper primary boy?

Postby smartmummy » Wed May 02, 2012 1:32 am

Hi all!
How did/do u handling upper primary boy.
In lower primary i made sure hanging with a good friend.basically he knows what is right and what is wrong.but now in p4,he need more counselling.i need to talk about so many issues.
Now i cannot assure his friends.i told him u know what is right and wrong.if urn friends doing something wrong don't stand there.
Cos i settled one thing by inform to form teacher. Now he bring another issue that his friend said that can escape from school ad there is a hole
in the fence.i cannot tell to his mother.she doesn't know how to handle.my son believe me. If i tell her she will tell that my son tell to her.i experienced once.her son asked my son "why are you telling everything to urn mom?". "why cannot ma?" my son replied..
Now i don't know what to do.i am not comfortable to bring this issue to teachers.so i just warned my son.now i feel the peer pressure.need to educate more.
Pls feel freely advise me what to do and how to do?
Pls recommend books for my son to read.
Pls recommend books for patents.
I have searched in the library, very less books for parenting preteen.
Last edited by smartmummy on Wed May 02, 2012 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: how do u handle upper primary boy?

Postby smartmummy » Wed May 02, 2012 1:35 am

Thanks a lot for reading my long post

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Wed May 02, 2012 7:20 am

I think it's good that your boy tells your everything so you can give him proper guidance. Encourage him to consult in you instead of his friends or Internet. You can analyze the issue with him & guide him to think for himself in the right direction. Refrain from criticizing or scolding him. I know sometimes when kids do something stupid, parents will scold them, I do sometimes but most of the time I tell myself not to.
One day, my DS told me his classmates went out of school compound during recess to buy ice-cream. My DS loves ice-cream. I asked him if he ever thinks of following his friends? He shook his head. I then asked him if his friends ever asked him to follow & if they asked him, will he b tempted? He cannot answer me. I then analyze the issue with him on the right & wrong of doing so & the safety involve like if they met with accident while outside school compound or got kidnapped, etc. He finally understood what he is the correct path he should choose.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smartmummy » Wed May 02, 2012 7:32 am

Thanks flowermonaster!
Yup i told him but need to talk in detail.
When i hear i just shocked and asked u want to do like that?.he said his friends only talking like that.then i said if police catch u what will the consequences?did u think about? I said u know what is right and wrong.he said everyone knows that is wrong.i told i don't want to hear any complaint about u.we love u and we take care u well.u know that.he agreed.so don't make us any disappointment by u.i think he is not matured enough.i need to go in detail as u said.thanks a lot.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sim TT » Wed May 09, 2012 10:45 am

chinese got saying "bai shan xiao wei shou" which mean out of 100 virtues filial piety is first. Actually if we dig deeper, what is filial piety? It is actually just responsibility. So if you have grandparents around, that would be a great place to start. I benefited when I got a pet about P5, my mum made me do everything myself. So I say start with lessons in responsibility.

Sim TT
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby smartmummy » Wed May 09, 2012 11:15 am

Sim TT wrote:chinese got saying "bai shan xiao wei shou" which mean out of 100 virtues filial piety is first. Actually if we dig deeper, what is filial piety? It is actually just responsibility. So if you have grandparents around, that would be a great place to start. I benefited when I got a pet about P5, my mum made me do everything myself. So I say start with lessons in responsibility.

that's good idea.He always requesting pet.but I don't allow pets like cat.I find alternative, would give him some plant to take care.He asking fish may be consider.

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby chenwj » Wed May 09, 2012 1:04 pm

smartmummy wrote:
Sim TT wrote:chinese got saying "bai shan xiao wei shou" which mean out of 100 virtues filial piety is first. Actually if we dig deeper, what is filial piety? It is actually just responsibility. So if you have grandparents around, that would be a great place to start. I benefited when I got a pet about P5, my mum made me do everything myself. So I say start with lessons in responsibility.

that's good idea.He always requesting pet.but I don't allow pets like cat.I find alternative, would give him some plant to take care.He asking fish may be consider.

Cats are lovely when they were kittens; they will snuggle around you and seek your attention. But when cats reach adulthood, it tends to ignore its owner unless they want food. In short, cats are lovely to play with when they were kittens.

My cousin has a cat, so I know. :smile:

chenwj
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Recess Time