Teeth whitening

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Teeth whitening

Postby Imami » Sat May 05, 2012 10:24 pm

Anybody did teeth whitening before? Any recommendation?

I have a nice set of teeth but my love for coffee keeps them from sparkling white. Hence, thinking of doing teeth whitening.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Teeth whitening

Postby peapot » Sun May 06, 2012 4:52 pm

People tell me whitening teeth will make your teeth become more sensitive. Another solution is after every coffee drink, rinse your mouth??

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Sun May 06, 2012 9:56 pm

peapot wrote:People tell me whitening teeth will make your teeth become more sensitive. Another solution is after every coffee drink, rinse your mouth??

Thanks! Finally someone responded. Rinsing and brushing doesn't work for me. The only non-artificial way is to quit coffee. I couldn't take the smell of coffee during my pregnancy and avoided it until I stopped breast feeding. During that period, my teeth was very white. But I drank a lot of milk back then. So I believe what you drink really would stain your teeth.

Oh I didn't know about the teeth getting sensitized by the whitening process... I don't have sensitive teeth but hubby has. So I roughly know how uncomfortable it can feel. Perhaps I should look for other solution...

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Mon May 07, 2012 9:15 am

Ask the dentist to recommend?

I have done teeth whitening. Got a special made teeth tray where I got to put the whitening gel inside. The tray got to place on the teeth for a while to let the gel do the work of whitening the teeth. Everyday got to place the tray inside mouth. Around a week or so teeth will be whiten.

Results really depends on individual teeth and also how sensitive.

:shrug: But very troublesome. The whitening starts to fade after a while. Got to do it regularly for maintenance.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time