How do you interpret this "Any 2 for $2.85"?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

How do you interpret this "Any 2 for $2.85"?

Postby CookiesMonster » Sat May 12, 2012 12:45 am

Just a check if you see this tag:-

Any 2 for $2.85
Mxxxxxx Pudding
Strawberry/Choco/Custard/Mango

Do you interpret it as any 2 item regardless of flavour eg. 1 Sberry+1 Choco?

Or do you interpret it as 2 of same flavour?

This is because of an incident which I encountered this morning. After settlement, I discovered an overcharging error.

I went up to the Team Leader (Pinoy) who happened to be standing at the Cold Section. I pointed to the tag [Any 2 for $2.85. Mxxxxx Pudding/Custard/Chocolate/Strawberry/Mango] & asked him whether does it apply to any 2 & I gotten an affirmative answer.

Then I brought up the issue that I got a strawberry ($1.60) & mango ($1.75) but was charged $3.35 instead of $2.85. He quickly "prata-ed" & said that there is no error because both are different flavour. Then I replied that the tag didn't indicate must be same flavour. He go on to say that if it is a mixture, they will indicate assorted.

I added that if that is the case, how would we as a consumer know because sometimes they list all the flavours instead of using the word "assorted". And they should be clear in their tagging.

Though amt immaterial, I pursued because I want to let the shop know that they cannot get away all the time. I've seen many times, old folks especially those illiterate are taken for a ride.

So, perhaps, some kind souls can shed light on this. TIA.

CookiesMonster
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: How do you interpret this "Any 2 for $2.85"?

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sat May 12, 2012 1:13 am

'Any 2' here means any two of same or different flavour

he just refuses to admit mistake lah ...... if must be same flavour then take two of the same of higher priced flavour .... then that will make him more stupid
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Sat May 12, 2012 9:10 am

Just cancel the purchase?

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby fightingmom » Sat May 12, 2012 9:20 am

Ever encountered before. Thus, now i always clarify first before making the purchase especially if it is the same shop ! (boh bian, sometimes the food / bread really nice so still have to patronize it)

fightingmom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Chenonceau » Sat May 12, 2012 9:46 am

I went to Cold Storage Yishun North Point once. I hadn't shopped there before. I usually go toCauseway Point, Guthrie House or King Albert Park to buy beef tenderloin. I bulk buy so I get the butcher to take out a whole huge 2kg piece of beef tenderloin for me. It's cheaper per kg that way.

At BOTH Bukit Timah outlets AND Causeway Point, the butcher will slice the beef tenderloin for me and pack them nicely. At the Yishun North Point outlet, they said that company policy was that if customers benefit from the cheaper bulk buy price, customers have no right to expect that the staff slice their cut of beef. I said "Hmmmm... your name is XXXXXX? Ok... I will write an email to complain about you because at at least 3 other Cold Storage outlets, no one tells me this."

They cut it for me.

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Sat May 12, 2012 12:31 pm

It used to be that way, ie, gotta choose 2 of same flavour. Think it was because of some restriction to their POS system then. But have not encountered this for a long time, especially at FP. Possibly got too many complaints and upgraded or tweaked their system to see 'diff flav' as same product.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pinetart » Sat May 12, 2012 12:38 pm

The message is not clear. If the seller or it's worker interpret differently then just cancel order.

pinetart
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Imami » Sat May 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Chenonceau wrote: I said "Hmmmm... your name is XXXXXX? Ok... I will write an email to complain about you because at at least 3 other Cold Storage outlets, no one tells me this."

They cut it for me.
:evil: good. Boh pian.... Sometimes people force us to 'show pattern'

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Sat May 12, 2012 3:52 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:'Any 2' here means any two of same or different flavour

he just refuses to admit mistake lah ...... if must be same flavour then take two of the same of higher priced flavour .... then that will make him more stupid

Agree!

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tutormum » Sat May 12, 2012 10:17 pm

From what I know, at least NTUC any 2 means that - any 2 irregardless of the flavours cos I've been buying different flavours. It should refer to the product on offer and not the flavour. It also doesn't make sense if the pricing is different for different flavours. Just as verykiasu2010 has mentioned, I would take 2 of the same of higher priced flavour and most who know their maths would have done so. Then they'll realise at the end of the day how dumb they've been. :laugh: :wink:

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time