Savage Baby abuse

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Savage Baby abuse

Postby cfan » Sat May 12, 2012 11:17 am

From Yahoo News

KUALA LUMPUR, Wed.: Thousands of netizens are up in arms over a viral video clip that shows a woman abusing a baby.

In the shocking 4-minute long video, which was shared more than 16,000 times on Facebook, the woman violently hits the wailing baby girl with a pillow, pinches her arms and thighs and kicks the crying child, who lies screaming on a mattress.

The beatings intensify when the baby refuses to remain quiet and cries louder, crawling towards the woman. At one point, the woman throws her mobile phone at the child.

The voice of another woman, assumed to be the person recording the incident, can be heard in the four-minute long video as well.

While she admonishes the woman who is beating up the child, she does nothing to stop the abuse. At around, the 2 minute 20 second mark, she is heard telling the woman who is hitting the baby that she is going to kill the child.

Responding to some 300 complaints made in a span of just hours, the police released a immediate statement on its Facebook page to clarify that the incident took place on May 29 last year in Petaling Jaya and the perpetrator – the baby’s mother – had been arrested on the same day. The woman was charged and found guilty under the Child Act 2001 is now serving an 18-month sentence..
However, the police did not mention why and how the video managed to surface recently.

cfan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Savage Baby abuse

Postby autumnbronze » Sat May 12, 2012 11:26 am

I saw that on the news!!!

It was horrific.

My heart went out to the baby. :sad:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby cfan » Sat May 12, 2012 11:29 am

It's sad when you see news like that.

Makes me think that the mother might have post natal depression or something, she also might not have the right family support and couldn't take the crying?

It's sad for the baby cos the baby did not choose to come to her (the mom),

All so sad

cfan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby tutormum » Sat May 12, 2012 11:50 am

I saw the video. It's sad that the person doing the video didn't stop her in the first place. The mother is young and she looked frustrated. She could have other issues in her life and taking it out on the poor baby. There were also 2 other kids present. I hope that when she's out of jail, they keep her as far away from the baby as possible. She might take it out on the baby again for causing her to go to jail.

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Sun May 13, 2012 9:20 am

The person taking the video not guilty?

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Sun May 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Oppsgal wrote:The person taking the video not guilty?

I saw part of the video. I think the mummy is Troubled. At first I thought it was some sort of pin hole camera or something, like someone's filming without the mummy's knowledge. When I realized that it's not, and the mummy knew she was being filmed, I think she is sick and the video lady was even sicker.... :mad:

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cfan » Mon May 14, 2012 10:43 am

I did not understand what the person was saying?

Yup I think she should have stopped the woman and not just let the beating went on and just continue filming.

Don't know what that person was thinking??? :siao:

cfan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby shinri » Mon May 14, 2012 11:12 am

I think I can understand a bit from the mother's point of view..
Perhaps she's in depression, frustrated or something and can't control herself.
But I believe the most guilty is the person filming the video.
If the mother can't control herself, then that person has the responsibility to stop her, instead of filming it and letting the baby get abused.

shinri
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby cfan » Mon May 14, 2012 11:16 am

shinri wrote:If the mother can't control herself, then that person has the responsibility to stop her, instead of filming it and letting the baby get abused.

Yup

Agree totally!!
:mad:

cfan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Recess Time