Postby phtthp » Mon May 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Son left with swollen lip after trip to school dentist

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp ... ntist.html

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: dental visit at school gone wrong?

Postby ammonite » Mon May 28, 2012 8:31 pm

The dentist is obviously not very skilled and has caused some bruising that led to the ulcer. I had to do some dental works some years back, and the difference between a good and bad dentist is clear - and painful! Like the poor boy, I was also left with a swollen lip for three days by a newly qualified dentist who obviously was not sure how to place the instruments and pressed really hard against my lip for twenty minutes - as though she is still practising on a dummy. Finally she gave up and called an experienced dentist who was done in less than five minutes.
In the case of a school dentist, the mother is right to pursue it. I definitely would.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Kiasucy » Tue May 29, 2012 4:42 pm

Thought those in-house are dental nurse and not dentist? Can they perform dental treatment for the kids?

Parents do you all still bring your kids to consult private dentist or ring up the school dental nurse in case of any dental problem ?

Is it necessary to extract left over milk teeth in case they do not drop by end of age 11?

Kiasucy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby HAPPYH » Tue May 29, 2012 6:38 pm

This is scary.

HAPPYH
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 30, 2012 9:20 am

Kiasucy wrote:Is it necessary to extract left over milk teeth in case they do not drop by end of age 11?

My elder boy is sec 3 this year. He still has 1 or 2 milk teeth. The permanent teeth is resting silently. The pte dentist suggested we take no action since there is no discomfort.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsSeah » Wed May 30, 2012 9:46 am

I dislike school dentist. I feel they are in-experience and not skillful!!!! I had to spend $500++ to bring my girl to a private dentist to RECTIFY the tooth which was BADLY done by my girl school dentist. They keep drilling hole on my girl teeth and the filling that they put keep dropping out (Each time my girl go back to them to tell them that the filling drop out, each visit will cause the hole to become bigger). When I speak to them, they keep asking me to monitor, monitor and monitor. It was so painful that my girl is unable to eat well for a month. agggrrrr........... In the end, I can't take it anymore, bring my girl to private dentist and was rectify immediately on the 1st visit!!!!! &*&(&)^F%%& but it burn a big hole in my pocket.

MrsSeah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 30, 2012 10:08 am

MrsSeah wrote:I dislike school dentist. I feel they are in-experience and not skillful!!!!

I was lucky. During my pri sch days, all my visits to the sch dental clinic were pleasant.

For my children, I only sent them to the sch dental nurse for simple extraction of very loose teeth.

For complication cases like forced extraction due to permanent teeth growing behind the unshaky milk teeth, I sent them to a dental surgeon.

So far, no fillings jobs required for my children.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby concern2 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:14 pm

Oh man, good thing DS himself and I pulled out most of his lose teeth!

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phtthp » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:23 pm

your son pull out the teeth himself ?

he is very brave!
but must be painful to pull out the loose teeth himself. :yikes:

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Karen4791 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:26 pm

I must now stop my children from going to the school dentist to be on the safe side : )

Karen4791
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time