any idea about these schools?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

any idea about these schools?

Postby 5mp » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:24 pm

- Blangah Rise Primary
- Cantonment Primay
- Park View Primary

these schools start morning session at 8am according to their websites. wondering if it crushes with parents' working rush? delays kids' coming back? causes traffic problem in their areas?

5mp
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: any idea about these schools?

Postby Champion » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:00 pm

5mp wrote:- Blangah Rise Primary
- Cantonment Primay
- Park View Primary

these schools start morning session at 8am according to their websites. wondering if it crushes with parents' working rush? delays kids' coming back? causes traffic problem in their areas?

Please read the following:-
Transition of Primary Schools to Single Session
http://www.moe.gov.sg/initiatives/single-session/

My view is that with MOE targets to facilitate the transition of the majority of government primary schools to single-session by 2016, a typical day for the primary school shall start from 8am and ends at 1.30pm (excluding supplementary classes / CCAs etc) :smile:

Hi, 5mp - i see that you also contributed to similar comments over at this thread:-why most of primary students start morning session before 8?
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... =1&t=35310

Both my DD's school hour starts at 8am and the school bus comes around 7.10am to fetch them and they will reach school before 7.40am for silent reading.

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: any idea about these schools?

Postby Jane422 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:20 pm

My dds also attending 8am school and the timimg allows me to have more time to prepare for their breakfast and they can actually caught more rest before the start of the school. The timing is good and it does not crush with any of the questoins that you are worrying about. Keep cool ya :)

Jane422
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Recess Time