Origin of Koreans > Vietnamese?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Origin of Koreans > Vietnamese?

Postby Ichigokun » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:49 pm

I was looking up the Internet today and found something quite fascinating.

Many people are saying that Koreans originated in Vietnam.

During the Ly Dynasty of Vietnam (11th century AD), the Vietnamese were attacked. The attack by the Trans of Vietnam succeeded and the Tran Dynasty (14th century AD) was set up.

During the Tran Dynasty, the king ordered every Vietnamese with the surname Ly (which are part of the royal Vietnamese family) to be exiled and banished out of Vietnam.

When these people were banished out of Vietnam, a total of 4,000 Vietnamese families , they had nowhere to go and so they immigrated to their new homeland - Korea.

In Korea, people with the surname Ee / Ri / Lee (李) might be of royal Vietnamese descent.

The first president of South Korea, Syngman Rhee was a Korean of Vietnamese descent. He contacted the Vietnamese president at that time
to trace back his roots to his homeland, Vietnam.

As at that time it was during the Vietnamese war, Mr Rhee was unable to find his ancestral tombs in Northern Vietnam, the communist side and thus he waited.

After years, it was found out he was really of Vietnamese descent.

Here's the link:
http://freedomforvietnam.wordpress.com/ ... y-dynasty/

Many other succesful Koreans were also found to be of Vietnamese descent.
Some of them include:

- Syngman Rhee, first democratic president of South Korea

- Ly Sang Jun (originally Ly Tuong Tuan), CEO of Golden Bridge Finance Company and founder of HanViet Relations Centre

- Ly Hee Uyen, Korean with a Vietnamese descent that led a Korean village in an attempt to fend off Mongol attacks in 1253

Here's the link: http://www.rjkoehler.com/2010/01/17/vie ... -of-korea/

A book was even written specially for this subject that Koreans were of Vietnamese descent.

The Author is Robert Neff.

The numbers of Vietnamese Koreans are rising. In a couple of years in 21st century, 40,000 Vietnamese brides have flocked to South Korea in search of husbands and succeeded (reports by British News)

Moreover, the origins of Koreans have always puzzled us.

Koreans claimed they were Altaic (like Mongolians and Evenki Siberians), but C3c, genetic market of Altai groups were absent in them.

Koreans cannot be Chinese either (O3 is the main genetic marker of Sino-Tibetan people like Chinese, while Korean's main genetic marker is O2b)

Koreans cannot be Japanese (since Japanese have "old Asian" D genetic marker while Koreans do not.)

Seems like Korean might really be Vietnamese since Vietnamese have both O3 (from Chinese in the north) and O2b from Southeast Asians down south.

Korean people do not have C3c, but they do have a bit of C3. C3 is also part of the Altaic. So Koreans are a mix of Altaic, Vietnamese and Chinese.

Of course, this is just a collection from my "research" on YouTube and Google.

What do you people think? :)

Haiz. If not for communist North Korea, all the answers to Korean origin might be locked up in there!!!

Ichigokun
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Origin of Koreans > Vietnamese?

Postby pinky » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:16 pm

maybe that's why there are many viet women marrying korean men (through agency) :evil: so they are actually yi jia ren (one family tree)

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Ichigokun » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:37 pm

pinky wrote:maybe that's why there are many viet women marrying korean men (through agency) :evil: so they are actually yi jia ren (one family tree)

Isit coincidental that Koreans and Vietnamese both have the same thinking mindset.

Look, North Vietnam and North Korea are both communist.

Both South Vietnam and South Korea are both democratic.

Both Vietnam AND Korea have civil wars during the 1950s (Korea) and 1970s (Vietnam)

Of Course, in Vietnam's case, North Vietnam won in the Vietnam war and now the entire Vietnam is communist, so there's not much development happening in Vietnam over the years.

In Korea, there is no winner and no loser. Thus, South Korea has developed a lot, while North Korea is still hiding behind the shade of communism, like Vietnam, and hasn't developed much.

If only South Vietnam won in the Vietnam war, I think, today, South Vietnam would be just have the same modern development as South Korea.

I mean, look, the first democratic president of South Korea is a Vietnamese. Imagine if that president, Syngman Rhee, developed in Vietnam instead.

Ichigokun
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Way2GO » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:34 pm

Ichigokun wrote:
pinky wrote:maybe that's why there are many viet women marrying korean men (through agency) :evil: so they are actually yi jia ren (one family tree)

Isit coincidental that Koreans and Vietnamese both have the same thinking mindset.

Look, North Vietnam and North Korea are both communist.

Both South Vietnam and South Korea are both democratic.

Both Vietnam AND Korea have civil wars during the 1950s (Korea) and 1970s (Vietnam)

Of Course, in Vietnam's case, North Vietnam won in the Vietnam war and now the entire Vietnam is communist, so there's not much development happening in Vietnam over the years.

In Korea, there is no winner and no loser. Thus, South Korea has developed a lot, while North Korea is still hiding behind the shade of communism, like Vietnam, and hasn't developed much.

If only South Vietnam won in the Vietnam war, I think, today, South Vietnam would be just have the same modern development as South Korea.

I mean, look, the first democratic president of South Korea is a Vietnamese. Imagine if that president, Syngman Rhee, developed in Vietnam instead.

Ichi,
If one keeps repeating something often enuf, it cld then becomes d truth. Be careful.
Syngman Rhee is not Vietnamese. He trace his roots to one of d older Korean dynasty, Joseon IRRC.

u r also mistaken about d Vietnamese being d original Koreans.
d Koreans, as a distinct group, were already in existence on d peninsular for many centuries before d migration of some Vietnamese to Korea in d 12th century AD (thereabout, I can't recall d exact period).
The descendants of these early Vietnamese migrants hv now started to return to Vietnam to do biz.

d split in Korea n Vietnam were d result of deliberate actions during d Cold War by d Western capitalist powers to stop d spread of communist hegemony just after WW2.
Do u know SG was a supply base for d American forces fighting in d Vietnam War?

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Ichigokun » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:31 pm

@Way2GO;
What does IRRC mean? o_o

Something tells me now that Koreans MIGHT be related to Chinese people living in the Shandong Peninsula.

In the past, Shandong Peninsula was connected to the Korean peninsula.

The easternmost tip of Shandong peninsula, Rongcheng is less than 300 kilometers away from the westernmost tip of South Korea, Gyeonggi-do (Although there are places in North Korea that are even more western than Gyeonggi-do, but I'm unable to get hold of what that place's name is.

Even better still, in North Korea, their land is connected to Manchuria, which was occupied by Chinese in the past and they would have some intermixture.

Hmm... I'm just curious, why do ancient Korean historical books name the Chinese dynasty kingdom as 天朝, Chinese army as 天兵 and Chinese court clothes as 天服?

Ichigokun
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby chenwj » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:31 pm

Some say the Japanese are actually Chinese. :)

chenwj
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby cherrygal » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:29 pm

There are so many minority groups in China and there is a group called the 朝鲜族. Chaoxian is also known as Chosun or what North Korea is called now.

This genealogy thing is so interesting.

I also heard that the Northern Indians have Greek blood as Alexander the Great's soldiers had occupied parts of what is now known as Kashmir. That is why some of the bollywood actors look so angmo.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Way2GO » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Ichigokun wrote:@Way2GO;
What does IRRC mean? o_o

Solli, my typo error
I meant IIRC : If I Recall/Remember Correctly

Ichigokun wrote:Something tells me now that Koreans MIGHT be related to Chinese people living in the Shandong Peninsula.

In the past, Shandong Peninsula was connected to the Korean peninsula.

The easternmost tip of Shandong peninsula, Rongcheng is less than 300 kilometers away from the westernmost tip of South Korea, Gyeonggi-do (Although there are places in North Korea that are even more western than Gyeonggi-do, but I'm unable to get hold of what that place's name is.

:rotflmao:
Yesterday it was Vietnamese, n now its Chinese?
Ichi, u r a joker but I like ur inquisitiveness.
Was Shandong ever physically connected to d Korean peninsular?
Can show link if any?
n westernmost point of South Korea is Baekryeong Island - u referring to dis location?
I remember dis coz its located near to d DMZ n was a hive of intelligence activities before n during d Korean War. Maybe it still is.

Ichigokun wrote:Even better still, in North Korea, their land is connected to Manchuria, which was occupied by Chinese in the past and they would have some intermixture.

I think dis is closer to d truth.
d Koreans hv a long interconnected history with China n Manchuria;
so I wouldn't be surprised by cross breeding of d races.

Ichigokun wrote:Hmm... I'm just curious, why do ancient Korean historical books name the Chinese dynasty kingdom as 天朝, Chinese army as 天兵 and Chinese court clothes as 天服?

I don't know dis wan.
My guess: Korea was for many centuries, a vassal state of China.
maybe its a form of proper address fr a tribute state.

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Way2GO » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:21 pm

chenwj wrote:Some say the Japanese are actually Chinese. :)

If one traces d supposedly migratory paths espoused by some scholars,
all mankind issue forth fr dark Africa.
Then it is possible dat d Japanese race crossed over fr China proper.
However, new research in DNA hypo groupings hv shown d Japanese race to be quite distinct fr d Chinese.
d Japanese race is not homogeneous. IIRC, d original Japanese ppl was d Ainu. d Okinawans r probably closest to Chinese.

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Way2GO » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:28 pm

cherrygal wrote:There are so many minority groups in China and there is a group called the 朝鲜族. Chaoxian is also known as Chosun or what North Korea is called now.

This genealogy thing is so interesting.

I also heard that the Northern Indians have Greek blood as Alexander the Great's soldiers had occupied parts of what is now known as Kashmir. That is why some of the bollywood actors look so angmo.

History records dat Alexander d Great's army striked into d Indian subcontinent as far south as present day Pakistan n Punjab.
methink d fair Northern Indians like to associate themselves more with Aryan lineage than descendants of a subdued ppl conquered by d Greeks. :wink:

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time