Malaysia to get pandas

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Malaysia to get pandas

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:44 pm

so, will they get it ahead of Singapore ?

http://www.mysinchew.com/node/74536
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: Malaysia to get pandas

Postby pinky » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:59 pm

do they need to spend S$8m to build the special enclosure for them? :?

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2838
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Malaysia to get pandas

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:17 am

pinky wrote:do they need to spend S$8m to build the special enclosure for them? :?

:rotflmao: may be $80million ....... sssssh, don't give them the idea :rotflmao:
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: Malaysia to get pandas

Postby WeiHan » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:44 am

You all know why China wants to give Malaysia 2 pandas?

Remember Australian's Lynas is going to build their rare earth refineries in malaysia and this will be the ONLY rare earth facilities outside of China. Demand of rare earth elements especially those of heavy rare earth is projected to outstrip supply by many times in near future even with a world economic depression. China wants to secure all the natural resources for its industrialisation in the next 20-50 years.

WeiHan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:18 pm
Total Likes: 22


Re: Malaysia to get pandas

Postby pinky » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:56 am

I call this 'panda politics' :evil:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2838
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 am
Total Likes: 0



Re: Malaysia to get pandas

Postby Way2GO » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:00 am

WeiHan wrote:Remember Australian's Lynas is going to build their rare earth refineries in malaysia and this will be the ONLY rare earth facilities outside of China.


Err, I thot Australia is a major producer of rare earths. :scratchhead:

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4494
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 pm
Total Likes: 4


Re: Malaysia to get pandas

Postby pinky » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:02 am

actually according to Chinese customs, when someone gives you a gift, you are supposed to give back something in return as a gesture. So what do you think we should give them back: a pair of orang utans perhaps?

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2838
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Malaysia to get pandas

Postby Way2GO » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:05 am

pinky wrote:I call this 'panda politics' :evil:


Has always been.
Try to be funny? - Give u 2 black eyes! :laugh:

On a more serious note, China by using its panda diplomacy
appeases d Malaysian public by showing dat they r in a special selective group of countries dat China views favourable.

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4494
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 pm
Total Likes: 4


Re: Malaysia to get pandas

Postby Way2GO » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:10 am

pinky wrote:actually according to Chinese customs, when someone gives you a gift, you are supposed to give back something in return as a gesture. So what do you think we should give them back: a pair of orang utans perhaps?


we? u Malaysian?
or u referring to d return gesture for d SG pandas?
If SG, give them d 2 oldest ones at d top of d tree. :nailbite: just kidding. :duck:

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4494
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:33 pm
Total Likes: 4


Re: Malaysia to get pandas

Postby pinky » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:30 am

Way2GO wrote:
pinky wrote:actually according to Chinese customs, when someone gives you a gift, you are supposed to give back something in return as a gesture. So what do you think we should give them back: a pair of orang utans perhaps?


we? u Malaysian?
or u referring to d return gesture for d SG pandas?
If SG, give them d 2 oldest ones at d top of d tree. :nailbite: just kidding. :duck:


of course referring to our own red dot here lah :evil:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2838
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 am
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Recess Time