Singpost pilot run

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Singpost pilot run

Postby Oppsgal » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:44 am

I am so disappointed with Singpost doing pilot run!

Really, how convenient is it to collect a heavy yet bulky item from nearest post office at own convenient time within 5 working days? Failure for first attempt delivery by Singpost deliver man, you have to go down personally or appoint someone else to collect on behalf.

Worst is the delivery man did not call in advance to check what time anybody at home to attend to the delivery!

:shrug:

I have to personally push a big trolley all the way to nearest post office, which is few bus stops away, to collect my items personally... nobody to help, as everyone also working. If not collect within 5 working days then what? Items fly back to the countries came from.

I have no car, and the items are very heavy. Even the staff at post office handling my item said so, "wow, so heavy".

So anyone else also affected by this too?

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Singpost pilot run

Postby limlim » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:25 pm

heard of stories that sometimes the postman never even carries the actual items on the first trip.. they just carry a piece of paper and throw at the doorstep saying failed delivery.

How the person know? according to him/her, he/she was at home all the while, and when they noticed the postman never knock on the door and throw the paper. They confronted the postman and he says, "sorry, bring next time"...... there was a thread at HWZ on this..

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Dawnie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:41 pm

I also have bad encounter from Singpost. I was in the office the entire day including lunch time, I did not receive the registered mail instead I got a collection slip at the glass door. Even if i didn't hear the door bell, there are so many people in the office, how could anyone missed it? There are people around even if it is lunch time. Then I rang singpost and requested for re-delivery. The postman came and rang the door bell the next day, I walked to the door. When I reached the door, the post man already slipped the collection slip at the door and ready to leave. I was so mad and made a complain to Singpost. I think they are expecting me to run to the door when I hear to door bell ring or wait at the door for their arrival. It's really ridiculous. By the way, lately the postman who turned up at my office are all PRC. No Singaporeans wants to be a postman anymore?

Dawnie
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby wiimum » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:48 pm

I had similar encounters with Singpost too. It was a speedpost item from overseas that I was waiting for. I was quite sure I was at home and yet I receive a slip telling me no one was home. I have called their hotline to complain, however it doesn't work, just make my blood boil.

wiimum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 711mum » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:57 pm

I had same experience too, father and helper were at home yet received collection slip to pick up from post office!

711mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:00 pm

They should try calling people upfront to warn them that their parcel is on the way - when, what time can delivery made.

Wish there are competitive competitors. :shrug:

:gloomy: Now every large registered parcel from overseas, that uses speedpost, I have to carry back own self if miss out. Which I usually do miss out as no calling for arrangement.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:05 pm

wiimum wrote:I had similar encounters with Singpost too. It was a speedpost item from overseas that I was waiting for. I was quite sure I was at home and yet I receive a slip telling me no one was home. I have called their hotline to complain, however it doesn't work, just make my blood boil.

Now no more re-delivery. If the delivery man does do that, then no choice have to make personally trip or get people go post office collect on behalf.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:51 pm

Same experience here too. People at home waiting for the delivery but all we see is the failed delivery slip under the door.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby verykiasu2010 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:58 pm

for so many months I did not realise the statements did not arrive until the fines come by registered letter

when I wrote to Forum page, the Singpost sent their manager down to apologise but the letter not published

may be the Forum editor and the Singpost manager share the same email address

:mad: :mad:
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby xyl29 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:49 pm

totally agree w oopsgal! i called them and they say bulky item cannot redeliver to home or redeliver to another post office, so basically there is no choice but to go down to the designated post office to get it. which really is annoying becos the designated post office is not near my home at all, probably >20km away??!

i asked them if they can REGISTER tt item n send to my home (i don mind paying lor to save me tt stupid trip down to some far-off PO, if i cab there and back already v ex i m sure!), they also say cannot.

which leads me to think wat is the USE of a courier service tt is unable to deliver my item to me, even when i want to pay them to do that. issit a lot to ask of a courier service to PLS SEND ME my item? i thought it is their basic goal and aim of sending mail to ppl? if they cant even achieve tt basic goal becos of some 'policy' then they seriously hv to reconsider wat they are doing. it's like opening a restaurant but u don serve food. Ridiculous.

xyl29
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Recess Time