Check your singtel bill!

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Check your singtel bill!

Postby mathsparks » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:24 pm

If you've been billed $2 for SMS Plus Services VAS because you didn't opt out, call singtel now and demand a refund.

How can this telco shove this service down your throat and expect you to unsubscribe if you're not interested?

Have been paying the bill for my girl without checking the details till today. What about the countless elderly and kids who have been billed for services they have not subscribed for.

I'm so fuming mad. :stupid:

PS: Wanted to lodge a complaint with CASE; checked out their page, realise I've to pay membership and admin fees. What the *(&!@%!!!

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby acforfamily » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:04 pm

I had a similar problem. Supposed to have free for 6 months when you sign up a new plan, but they started charging me before the 6 months is up.

acforfamily
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kaydenbrown » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:17 pm

Yup it is very common for telcos to do that. It is just a business decision though it affects a lot of common folks.

Lots of friends tell me they get charged for various services that they do not even use and just were not aware that they had to unsubscribe.

kaydenbrown
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby bishanman » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:47 pm

called them. They should be able to waive.

bishanman
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MLR » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:41 pm

Thanks for sharing. Sometimes, I do wonder how many people out there hv no idea that they are being charge for items that they hv no idea about.......

Whenever I encounter such incidents, I do get agressive and demand that they withdrew whatever charges and once I had even demanded for free services in compensation. That was an extreme case whereby they sent me a reminder, terminate the service despite that I had actually paid the fees not once but twice on their insistance. For whatever reasons their system didn't show the payments and I was away for a week. Since I was on contract and I couldn't terminate them, I got agressive, bang tables and got free service for 2 months. :wink:

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Funguy71 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:10 am

MLR wrote: Since I was on contract and I couldn't terminate them, I got agressive, bang tables and got free service for 2 months. :wink:

Good deal! :wink:

Funguy71
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby bishanman » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:33 pm

Good for you Funguy.. I did that once (minus the bang table, on phone, no use to bang table.) :wink:

bishanman
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mathsparks » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:10 pm

My sis recently scrutinised the bill for dad and we realised he had also been charged for services he didn't need and didn't subscribe in the 1st place. She has contacted the telco to waive the charges; not sure about banging table though. Hope she did.

For the new ezlink card, giro service will be charged 25c per transaction. That's just as ridiculous.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bishanman » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:38 am

Someone should start a blog or website listing all those essential or standard servivce that has hidden cost. this should give those service providers some pressure to avoid doing such act.

bishanman
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tony » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:13 pm

Tks for this reminder, Mathsparks. Think I'm gonna cancel my contract with them... :x :x

tony
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time