Internet discount deal (Groupon/Outlet...), trustable?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Internet discount deal (Groupon/Outlet...), trustable?

Postby MdmKS » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Bought a electrical appliance with Outlet.com recently but they keep changing the date of collection. Reason: good delay. Should I continue to trust them and wait or what can I do to protect my deal? Would appreciate KSPs kind advice. Thanks.

MdmKS
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Internet discount deal (Groupon/Outlet...), trustable?

Postby shinri » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:45 pm

I dunno about Outlet.com but so far Groupon & Deal.com.sg is still trustworthy.

shinri
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby limlim » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Should be ok.. as it is based locally..

if not comfortable, can ask them to refund. Bcoz they failed to fulfill their part of the obligation (original collection date), so you have a right to demand refund and cancel the order.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:56 am

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Gems » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Groupon is trustable. So far we have bought many food discount coupons.

Gems
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby MdmKS » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:54 pm

MdmKS wrote:Bought a electrical appliance with Outlet.com recently but they keep changing the date of collection. Reason: good delay. Should I continue to trust them and wait or what can I do to protect my deal? Would appreciate KSPs kind advice. Thanks.

:sad: It really turns out to be a SCAM!!!

Outlet.com is a con internet store !!! They are GONE! They never delivery the good I purchased.

http://www.outlet.com.sg/feature-business

Their trick : make it cheap to attack you but with a far delivery date and by then your payment has been made by your credit company. And you are not likely to go after them for that small amount. But many small amount add up to big income to them.

During delivery date they continue to delay "shipment" and not answering phone call. The email return of all enquiry are just pre-programme with standard msg.

Any action possible now? advice anyone?

MdmKS
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby 3Boys » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:00 pm

MdmKS wrote:
MdmKS wrote:Bought a electrical appliance with Outlet.com recently but they keep changing the date of collection. Reason: good delay. Should I continue to trust them and wait or what can I do to protect my deal? Would appreciate KSPs kind advice. Thanks.

:sad: It really turns out to be a SCAM!!!

Outlet.com is a con internet store !!! They are GONE! They never delivery the good I purchased.

http://www.outlet.com.sg/feature-business

Their trick : make it cheap to attack you but with a far delivery date and by then your payment has been made by your credit company. And you are not likely to go after them for that small amount. But many small amount add up to big income to them.

During delivery date they continue to delay "shipment" and not answering phone call. The email return of all enquiry are just pre-programme with standard msg.

Any action possible now? advice anyone?

Sorry to hear that. CASE I guess, or police report?

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:16 pm

Go CASE make report? Heard from husband that one of colleagues also buy item not deliver.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MdmKS » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Oppsgal wrote:Go CASE make report? Heard from husband that one of colleagues also buy item not deliver.

is it the same one? Here, it seems that on-line stores can come and go easily.

MdmKS
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby limlim » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Some comments.

I bought 2 items from them before. The 1st one is a sand art kit. I went to the outlet and they say OOS. I request that they delivery and they acceded to the request. It was delivered by Singpost via registered mail. No issues, so I suppose their service is ok.

The 2nd item, is a gyro bowl. This item, the collection date was delayed and I could not give it to my friend who was here on visit. I was quite disappointment and I demanded a refund. They acceded to the request too.. so no issues and I got the refund.

My advise to parents is, whenever possible, for online shopping, use Paypal if available. Else, if no choice, credit card. If bank transfer is the only option, usually I wouldn't consider buying.

If using paypal, just open a dispute and request refund. If not resolve, escalate to a claim, and let paypal handle.

If using credit card, call the bank see what they can do lor.. but I doubt it is much use coz you authorized the payment. They act on your instruction and it is between you and the vendor to resolve it.

If bank transfer.. there's practically nothing you can other then trying to reach the vendor and demand a refund,. If you can't find them...... like what 3B suggested.. make police report lor.. If the vendor vanished.. I doubt case is of any use.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time