Saving Gaia song

Postby jtoh » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Does anyone else cringe when they hear this song? http://savinggaia.sg/

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Saving Gaia song

Postby oxyleo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Just a little :-) song has lovely tempo, nice beats though.

oxyleo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby concern2 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:57 pm

When DH saw the images of destruction, he went, "@#$%^, why they just put what other countries are doing? We got enough of destruction ourselves!" :shrug:

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:05 pm

My problem is with the chorus. The harmony just isn't up to mark. I feel the choir master let the kids down.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby J and J » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Whenever I hear the song, I feel down, not very lively. I think the music director in charge of the recording should relook into it. I expect the children to sing the song lively and vibrantly, not as dull as the current one.

J and J
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby tankee » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:28 pm

great song, lousy production. Mediacorp failed to do justice to the song and the little singers

tankee
Site Admin

Postby jtoh » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:57 pm

tankee wrote:great song, lousy production. Mediacorp failed to do justice to the song and the little singers

Yes, and to think they are MediaCorp. :shrug:

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby iFirefly » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:34 pm

tuition_czar wrote:Gets on my nerves, those little screeching imps.

Well.. Whatever you post in this forum gets on my nerves too..

Before you even criticize, can you sing as well as these kids? Labeling such pure & beautiful singing as "screeching", and such lovely & talented kids as "imps", is certainly uncalled for..

The song is performed by award-winning choirs of Catholic High School (Primary) and Kong Hwa School.. These kids have spent their June holidays practising, rehearsing and recording the song.. Of course, they are not perfect, but it is precisely their little imperfections which make kids' singing so unique.. And it is also this very reason why i love to listen to kids sing, as they sound so pure & unpretentious..

Guess one has to be a parent to be able to appreciate our little ones (and their "screeching").. And I am very certain you are not there yet.. :roll:

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:28 am

jtoh wrote:My problem is with the chorus. The harmony just isn't up to mark. I feel the choir master let the kids down.

the "lack" of harmony could possibly be intentionally not corrected to reflect the children's innocence is bringing out the song

children when they sing out of "harmony" has a certain child like beauty in it. Not perfect but beautiful. Too perfect is too commercial and it lacks spontaneity.... and not natural
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:29 am

firefly38 wrote:
tuition_czar wrote:Gets on my nerves, those little screeching imps.

Well.. Whatever you post in this forum gets on my nerves too..

Before you even criticize, can you sing as well as these kids? Labeling such pure & beautiful singing as "screeching", and such lovely & talented kids as "imps", is certainly uncalled for..

The song is performed by award-winning choirs of Catholic High School (Primary) and Kong Hwa School.. These kids have spent their June holidays practising, rehearsing and recording the song.. Of course, they are not perfect, but it is precisely their little imperfections which make kids' singing so unique.. And it is also this very reason why i love to listen to kids sing, as they sound so pure & unpretentious..

Guess one has to be a parent to be able to appreciate our little ones (and their "screeching").. And I am very certain you are not there yet.. :roll:

don't be mad, don't let it dim your fire
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time