Re: PM Lee warns of new cracks between new citizens, Singapo

Postby LOLMum » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:48 pm

same thing happening in other countries now.... :?:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby AC_Power » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:26 am

I am perfectly fine with those who genuinely want to settle in Singapore and be the new citizens. Integrating with them is not an issue. Our forefathers are from other countries too so I really do not see why I would want to reject them.

Those I have issue with, are PRs who just wanted to be here to enjoy the benefits, take away our jobs, earn enough and then go back to their homelands.

AC_Power
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:36 pm

AC_Power wrote:I am perfectly fine with those who genuinely want to settle in Singapore and be the new citizens. Integrating with them is not an issue. Our forefathers are from other countries too so I really do not see why I would want to reject them.

Those I have issue with, are PRs who just wanted to be here to enjoy the benefits, take away our jobs, earn enough and then go back to their homelands.

may be gahmen should consider a scheme to assess the amount and tax those "temp" PR for the benefits they enjoyed, as though they have been foreigner without PR status all along .

but is not easy to implement s they could just cease renewing the PR and stayed away .....

actually the PR in singapore is also not really "permanent" with the need for 5-yearly renewal .......
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby onliluv78 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:51 pm

I hate to say this but the "PR"s here are behaving as if our govt need them badly. I got a Indian PR family living opposite me and behaving as if they bought the whole flr unit outside. Dining table, chairs, 10-20 potted plants, nt saying their shoe rack with full of their dirty shoes n smelly socks.

When I water my plants outside, the water will definitely flow to their side and they are like,"why ur water flow to our side?" My reply to them is You hv to ask town council n HDB cos they build it this way.

Finally one fine night after my child was playing outside with the bubble solution, he accidently spilled it on the corridor. So I have asked my helper to wash it clean before anyone slip and fall but the idea of it was twisted, they thought I was thinking to make their precious son fall. All the big hoohaa from them and the man shoot out a threat to me, saying he's going to kill me !!

This is kinda of "good qualities" that govt is letting in.

onliluv78
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby concern2 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:46 pm

?? :? I thot should be the other way round? Singaporean warns PM of cracks between new citizens and Singaporean? Come on guys, right or not? How long have we been talking about this issue on this forum? You mean NOW THEN the news reach him?

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:52 pm

concern2 wrote:?? :? I thot should be the other way round? Singaporean warns PM of cracks between new citizens and Singaporean? Come on guys, right or not? How long have we been talking about this issue on this forum? You mean NOW THEN the news reach him?

This goes to show one thing...our big shots are living in ivory towers...oblivious to the problems of common folk.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby AC_Power » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:13 am

concern2 wrote:?? :? I thot should be the other way round? Singaporean warns PM of cracks between new citizens and Singaporean? Come on guys, right or not? How long have we been talking about this issue on this forum? You mean NOW THEN the news reach him?

Looks like his Internet Brigade has not been paying attention here. Hahaha

AC_Power
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby janet88 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:09 pm

His 'FBI' has been sleeping on the job...or else he has not been walking around of late. Maybe someone should introduce him to KSP. The info here is very updated.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby laughingcat » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:09 pm

AC_Power wrote:I am perfectly fine with those who genuinely want to settle in Singapore and be the new citizens. Integrating with them is not an issue. Our forefathers are from other countries too so I really do not see why I would want to reject them.

Plus......making a nuisance in the public. Thinking that by screeching loudly means they win the fight. I hate these kind.

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time