Parents, let's solve this problem for our kids

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Parents, let's solve this problem for our kids

Postby SilentHermit » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:13 pm

http://www.todayonline.com/Hotnews/EDC1 ... challenges

The problem should have been spotted 30 years ago and the alarm should have gone off. The government waited for another 10 years (now 2012) and finally published these papers to seek our opinions. Honestly my dear singaporeans, even if all of us start getting loving again and produce a big bunch of babies for Singapore by next year, come 2030 the new production will still be too young to join the work force. Given a scenario like this, the problem seem to be fixed, the government can now have all the reasons to go increase foreign imports. This is a problem that comes to us too late for discussion, way too late.

Nevertheless, if we do not solve this problem, our children will have to face them. It will be a problem we leave behind for them.

I appeal to all of you! Take this matter seriously, think hard and lets put our brains together and challenge this issue here. Give your suggestions, talk about it, let's solve it! We can do it!

SH

SilentHermit
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Parents, let's solve this problem for our kids

Postby verykiasu2010 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:47 pm

have u read the 23 pages ?
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mumzmummy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:20 pm

we will soon become japan. facing a serious ageing population. bringing more foreigners in cannot solve the prob in the long run

mumzmummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Oppsgal » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:49 pm

I don't know what to say...

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:54 pm

Not enough money to feed too many mouth, no energy left to produce too many kids and spend time with them. Inflation everywhere... from school fees to food. Wages not increased.

:shrug: What can we do?

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby puff » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:34 pm

Oppsgal wrote:Not enough money to feed too many mouth, no energy left to produce too many kids and spend time with them. Inflation everywhere... from school fees to food. Wages not increased.

:shrug: What can we do?

How about 我生你养 :evil:

puff
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby SilentHermit » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:41 pm

I have not read the entire papers published. I will do so and think about it for a while.

I understand that this is a frustrating issue and it's unpleasant. It is even more unpleasant that when u read the data now, there seems to be no way out of it, except imports. Inevitably, one will also complain, 'why throw the problem out at us now when u can't solve it? It should be brought out earlier!'

None amount of complaint is going to help. Let's study it in details and see if we can come out with some answers. Bits and pieces here and there, you would be amazed that together, we may be able to accomplish a lot.

so parents, get to work!! Lol

SilentHermit
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:56 pm

after 30 years of data, it is easy to blame the past, hindsight is always perfect
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby limlim » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:16 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:after 30 years of data, it is easy to blame the past, hindsight is always perfect

oh.. I always had the impression that it was due to "foresight" that give birth to the "Stop At Two"..

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby alng » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:28 pm

limlim wrote:
verykiasu2010 wrote:after 30 years of data, it is easy to blame the past, hindsight is always perfect

oh.. I always had the impression that it was due to "foresight" that give birth to the "Stop At Two"..

I think that the policy makers did not have the foresight when they came out with the policy of stop at two. That policy was too shortsighted and aimed to solve whatever issues then. Well, the policy makers were young then with not much experience to rule a country so the consequence is also quite understandable.

alng
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time