How to deal with town council

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

How to deal with town council

Postby osim » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:22 pm

What should one do if the Town Council keeps ignoring your grievances after you tell them so many times.

I have a friend who resorted to ambushing the MP at one of the RC event to get his help. It worked as the MP told his Ka Gia there and then to do something and now they had to followup and answer to the boss.

I was thinking of paying only a certain percentage of my Conservancy and Services charges until they do something. Also to write to the MP. Which to do first?

I've escalated the matter up to the senior manager and he is also hiding. I'm so so frustrated with them. I've lived with the problem for many years.

osim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: How to deal with town council

Postby alng » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:25 pm

What are your grievances that the town council is ignoring?

alng
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby osim » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:58 pm

alng wrote:What are your grievances that the town council is ignoring?

I did not want to bother anyone with the details but since you ask, I'll cut the long story short.

For last 6-7 years or so, the water from my pipe is so hot on hot days. The temperature can be more than 40 degrees celsius. My dd cannot bathe in the afternoon after school, I cannot prepare cooking until at least 6 when the water slowly cool down. My meat get half cooked when I wash them.

TC propose I buy pails to contain water for dd to bathe in the morning. I told the officer why should I be suffering this inconvenience when my neighbors are not. They did a cursory investigation and say it's a design problem at the roof top and said they covered the pipe that lead to my place with concrete to reduce the heat absorbed. This does not help a single bit and I don't even know if they did it as I didn't get to see a picture of what was done.

My angst is that they refuse to reply my email on follow up of the case. When I complained about this 3 years back, they also played hide and seek with me.

osim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby limlim » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:28 pm

wow.. free 40°C hot water supply..

did TS try calling PUB.. see if they can offer any help/advise?

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:04 pm

I find that sending email to town council with cc to MP usually gets a quick response - even if the MP tiam tiam. Sometimes may have to send reminder, but just continue to cc mr. MP. Also it could help to cc any relevant department heads of govt agencies (in your case, it'll probably be HDB). The contacts are pretty easy to find from internet. But don't anyhow set off loose cannons becos end up your email may go nowhere.

So far never had to accost my MP directly - email only. And yes, so far, he has NEVER responded personally.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jasmy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:01 pm

Try writing to The Straits Times forum, attention to your town council. Another way is to report to mediacorp 前线追踪, provided you do not mind to be on tv. Definitely, they will immediately do something for you once media report.

Jasmy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby osim » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:30 pm

limlim wrote:wow.. free 40°C hot water supply..

did TS try calling PUB.. see if they can offer any help/advise?

Pub arrowed TC.

osim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby alng » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:40 am

Hi osim,

You mean the hot water issue is only unique to your household and not your neighbours?

alng
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BlueBells » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:52 am

I suggest writing to your MP first. Sometimes, these frontline workers are the ones who filter out your feedback / complaints so they never reach the appropriate officer who can make the decision to authorise corrective measures.

These are probably people who 把鸡毛当令箭 and act as if they are the ones making the calls.

BlueBells
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby canadataboo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:40 pm

osim wrote:
alng wrote:What are your grievances that the town council is ignoring?

I did not want to bother anyone with the details but since you ask, I'll cut the long story short.

For last 6-7 years or so, the water from my pipe is so hot on hot days. The temperature can be more than 40 degrees celsius. My dd cannot bathe in the afternoon after school, I cannot prepare cooking until at least 6 when the water slowly cool down. My meat get half cooked when I wash them.

TC propose I buy pails to contain water for dd to bathe in the morning. I told the officer why should I be suffering this inconvenience when my neighbors are not. They did a cursory investigation and say it's a design problem at the roof top and said they covered the pipe that lead to my place with concrete to reduce the heat absorbed. This does not help a single bit and I don't even know if they did it as I didn't get to see a picture of what was done.

My angst is that they refuse to reply my email on follow up of the case. When I complained about this 3 years back, they also played hide and seek with me.

Sharing with you my method. Email to town council and cc MP and minister for development - Khaw Boon Wan. Find his email from www.gov.sg, I am sure they will reply you shortly.

canadataboo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time