Michael Jackson's death - your memories

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Michael Jackson's death - your memories

Postby daisyt » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:34 pm

I am not really a fan of him but I like a few of his songs and I have to admit, he certainly possess a singer's charisma when he is performing, especially in his MV.

This incident happend two weeks ago, related to MJ and would live in my memory, forever. I have one of his album, "Dangerous", a 1991 album. My hubby, daughter and I were listening to this album in a lazy afternoon. A few of his songs contained vulgarity and this topic just pop out and we started discussing. We were telling our girl, so vulgarity in songs is nothing new now. 18 years ago, when we were young, we were already listening to such songs. Don't think we parents are lame or old fashion creatures, we have gone through the stage you are going through now.

Sometimes, kids always feel that we parents do not understand the world, the trend, the teenages but hey, we are not old fashion ! We catch up with times too and that's why my hubby and I always keep learning, never to give our child an opportunity to say we cannot catch up with times and technology. In fact, we want to uphold her, be better than her. :D

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MLR » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:27 pm

In my view MJ's life itself is tragedy.
He never had a normal life. He started at age 3 and hit stardom as part of Jackson 5 at age 4. Imagine he never get to go public places or do normal stuff like shopping, walking on the street, cycle in the park, have a meal in a restaurant in his life. Lots of peopls say he is weird, wacko, crazy, mad, etc... thats becos he doesn't know whats normalcy.
May he rest in peace.......

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jedamum » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:55 pm

My memories of him is him dancing with the zombies - no pun intended.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby nothing2do » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:31 pm

hi,

Michael Jackson was 1 of the favorites singer. like most of his song.
This morning when i hear the news from radio i was shock and feel like crying. Bec it reminds me of my good friend in pri sch.(pass away in 1985) during the 80s i'm still in pri sch. i hv a group of sch mate who use to do the break dance, moon walk under the void deck opp our sch, always got complaint fr those ppl staying in that blk.hahaha.

nothing2do
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sashimi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Michael Jackson was a great musician. He is responsible for making music videos what it is today. His music is still very listenable and very good, and still unique. I have always ignored all the bad press - you all probably know I hate the press/media anyway(!). I predicted that his time will return soon, and this year was really ripe for his return, but alas, it is not to be. MJ will always have my respect and admiration, may his music never be forgotten.

sashimi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby daisyt » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:58 pm

sashimi wrote:Michael Jackson was a great musician. He is responsible for making music videos what it is today. His music is still very listenable and very good, and still unique. I

Hi sashimi, agree about this comment you have made. Even my 13yo girl was saying his music are so rock, does not sound like 20 years ago. The MVs are so drama, full of energy.

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:13 pm

Not a great fan of MJ but certainly enjoyed his music when I was growing up....

Read from an article asking who would be the next King of Rock after MJ... Prince? Justin Timberlake?? And concluding that J Timberlake would be the next potential King etc :?

For me there is no comparison... Even if you are not a fan of MJ, you would easily be able to name a few of his hit songs.... And that is why it is apt to term him a Legend :celebrate:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sunflower » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:04 am

I'm not a fan of MJ, but like some of his songs. He certainly had great talent in music and dance. Thought his life was really a tragedy...Was listening to some of his songs last night (DD1 was searching for his songs in YouTube as her teacher was telling them abt his songs/life etc).

One of my favourite songs is Heal The World. Was reading the lyrics and listening to the song at the same time on YouTube. Felt a surge of sadness towards the end of the song...of how the world is becoming because of human selfish desires, which is also reflected in MJ's life...the way he lived his childhood...

Attached here is a link to this song with lyrics, enjoy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN1ozPf_X_0

sunflower
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby daisyt » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:49 am

sunflower wrote:I'm not a fan of MJ, but like some of his songs. He certainly had great talent in music and dance. Thought his life was really a tragedy...Was listening to some of his songs last night (DD1 was searching for his songs in YouTube as her teacher was telling them abt his songs/life etc).

One of my favourite songs is Heal The World. Was reading the lyrics and listening to the song at the same time on YouTube. Felt a surge of sadness towards the end of the song...of how the world is becoming because of human selfish desires, which is also reflected in MJ's life...the way he lived his childhood...

Attached here is a link to this song with lyrics, enjoy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN1ozPf_X_0

hi sunflower, yes I love Heal The World too, the lyrics, the rythem. Another of my love is Black or White. Its a pity for him ... there are many blacks in this world who are so successful, prominent leaders ... It doesn't really matter if you are black or white or yellow.

We were talking again about him last night with my girl, if a person cannot let go - 放不开, he/she cannot gain happiness and would live in misery. I know its not easy ....

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:42 pm

I watched "This is it" alone this morning cos wife preferred not to watch...

MJ was so hands-on and he knew exactly how he wanted his music to sound like. The movie was more like the making of "This is it" and I thought it was especially cool to see what they did behind the scenes to produce the effects that they wanted.

Of cos MJ was so animated... Everytime he sang his body would move along, which makes him a joy to watch.

His concert would have been one of the greatest, given the time, effort, $$ and the "perfectionist" that MJ was!

:celebrate:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time