PAP still so heartless? Near PAP HQ some more! Where is CCS?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

PAP still so heartless? Near PAP HQ some more! Where is CCS?

Postby chenwj » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:49 am

Look, the MPs for that area have to answer at least 1 question: Has MCYS relocated the homeless and render them the necessary aid?

This blogger wrote about his encounter with the homeless who slept on public benches in changi but the homeless disappeared after contracters installed metal bars on the benches which prevented the homeless from sleeping on the benches.

In a move to "clean up" public image (It's near PAP HQ, isn't it?), that's the best Town councils could do? Where is this man when u need him?

:yikes: :yikes: very efficient right? :scared:

http://gintai.wordpress.com/2012/08/08/ ... ic-places/

Have they solved the homeless sleeping in public places?
Posted on 08/08/2012

I’m now having coffee at Mayflower coffee shop of Blk 59 New Upper Changi Rd, opposite the hawker centre. It’s about 1.00 am and there are still people drinking beer here. I’ve just finished work and dropped by for some coffee.

I notice that the concrete shelter between this coffee shop and the hawker centre is unusually quiet. No one sleeping on the stone benches like before. There is not even a single soul in the dead silent night. It’s quite strange. For the benefit those readers who are not aware, I blogged recently about the plight of homeless sleeping there.

Pls refer to the article here.

Out of curiosity, I walked to the concrete shelter to take a closer look. Lo and behold, all the stone benches are now fitted with solid chrome metal bars or barriers. With the chrome metal bar stuck in the middle of the stone bench, no one could sleep there anymore. One could only sit there now.

I returned to my table and asked around. Only last week, the contractor suddenly came to fix those chrome barriers on all the stone benches at the concrete shelter. I wonder where have all the homeless gone to? I used to see quite a few of them sleeping there. It was a common sight. They must have gone elsewhere. But where? They just can’t simply into the thin air? Really langgar!

When I blogged about the homeless there, I was quite worried that this might happen. Whenever we bring up some problem or issue, instead of solving them – they just conveniently come with a “killer solution” like fixing the metal barriers on the stone benches to prevent the homeless from sleeping there.

I was blamed by others for blogging about the homeless there. Indirectly, I “sabo” the homeless by depriving them a place to sleep. Not only I did not help them but brought pain and hardship to them. Have they solved or pushed away the homeless problem? Did I help them or cause them more headache? I don’t know. What do you think?

Did I commit a grave sin by highlighting the plight of the homeless there? Now I’m cursed by those homeless wretches. I feel bad now. I’m sadden by such “simple solution.” Another ingenious solution to solve our homeless sleeping in public places? Just like solving the night parking problem in HDB car parks by increasing night parking charges from $2.00 to $4.00? They are so fast and super efficient in solving the problems raised by concerned citizens.

Simple solution to complex problem indeed!

But this guy is even more creative. He overcomes the chrome metal bar using a chair to rest his legs, occupying half of the stone bench. May be the others will learn from him. It will be interesting to see how they are going to deal with them.

The stone benches used to look like that which I blogged about two weeks ago.

Below photo shows a new cleaner look without the homeless sleeping there anymore.

chenwj
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: PAP still so heartless? Near PAP HQ some more! Where is

Postby looking4Tutor » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:44 am

chenwj wrote: Where is this man when u need him?

He is in London having dinner with more useful citizens lah.
Last edited by looking4Tutor on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

looking4Tutor
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Mychildren » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:45 am

Out of curoiusity, wonder why are they homeless in the first place???
The guy in orange is young to be homeless?

Why everything must be blame on PAP or others??? :shrug:
Mychildren
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:06 am

Mychildren wrote:Out of curoiusity, wonder why are they homeless in the first place???

The guy in orange has relatively neat, new looking sports wear- also home less? :?

Perhaps we are forgetting -
All that glitters is not gold
All that we see on the web is not true.
Its could be somebody's jaundiced point of view. :skeptical:

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BlueBells » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:15 am

I wonder why the blogger assumes that those who slept outdoor are homeless vigrants? Sometimes, it is a choice these people make, maybe because it was windier outdoors? There was a newspaper some time back about people who choose to sleep outdoors at night for various reasons.

BlueBells
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Mychildren » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:26 am

Sun_2010 wrote:
Mychildren wrote:Out of curoiusity, wonder why are they homeless in the first place???

The guy in orange has relatively neat, new looking sports wear- also home less? :?

Understand your meaning. I've purposely put those "?". Think we are rational enough to figure it out and have common sense too. :wink:
Mychildren
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tutormum » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:40 pm

BlueBells wrote:I wonder why the blogger assumes that those who slept outdoor are homeless vigrants? Sometimes, it is a choice these people make, maybe because it was windier outdoors? There was a newspaper some time back about people who choose to sleep outdoors at night for various reasons.

Agreed, I know of a man who shares a flat in Toa Payoh but works in Bedok. At times, he would sleep in the void deck of a HDB flat in Bedok just to save on transport and travelling time. He finishes work around midnight and though he cycles, he deems it too tedious to do so. Moreover, he has a leg injury which takes a long time to heal. As long as he doesn't create any trouble, nobody complains.

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:49 pm

Mychildren wrote:
Sun_2010 wrote:

Understand your meaning. I've purposely put those "?". Think we are rational enough to figure it out and have common sense too. :wink:

Mychildren, i just quoted with post as I agree with you. :hi5:
And my point about stuff on net is in general, not targeted at you , in case you misunderstood ...

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby chenwj » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:05 pm

looking4Tutor wrote:

He is in London having dinner with more useful citizens lah.

For a moment, I feel like an unwanted child. :sweat: Although there are some doubts whether they are indeed homeless, as some would argue that some of these "homeless" remarked that they prefer to sleep outside as its cooler.

But as Asians, we tend not to reveal our woes or shames to outsiders (家仇不可 外扬). Do they sleep outside by choice or were forced to or simply no choice? Something the blogger should address.

chenwj
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Mychildren » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:26 pm

chenwj,
You are not an unwanted child lah! :wink:

Sun_2010,
I don't mind others shooting at me. If I'm in the wrong, I'll admit.
There are a lot of things that I'm still learning and I may not be totally right in certain issue too.
It's good to have others to remind, correct and teach me rather than someone who say good things about me when I shouldn't be praise. :roll:
Mychildren
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time