Hero boy, 4, dies after saving 3-year-old girl in pool

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Re: Hero boy, 4, dies after saving 3-year-old girl in pool

Postby pinky » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:30 am

his family has decided to donate his organs to help other children in need.
such a brave boy and at such a young age, his parents should be proud of him. :sad:
RIP, you are an angel.

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cel-tang » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:25 pm

Amazing boy, so young and so sacrificial. Thanks for sharing the story.

cel-tang
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Josephcmtan » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:52 pm

we need to educate our kids well. scenario learning is impt i realized. i have been running thru different emergency scenario with my dds and i realized that most of us are not taught how to handle situations. be it big or small. i salute the boy with a big heart, only if the school or us parents learnt WHAT to teach our kids beyond academic.

Josephcmtan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tutormum » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:14 pm

Josephcmtan wrote:we need to educate our kids well. scenario learning is impt i realized. i have been running thru different emergency scenario with my dds and i realized that most of us are not taught how to handle situations. be it big or small. i salute the boy with a big heart, only if the school or us parents learnt WHAT to teach our kids beyond academic.

We should first educate the adults well. DH once pulled a 5 year old boy out of a swimming pool. The adults were having a party and nobody realised that the boy was drowning. DH happened to pass by the pool and dived in immediately upon sighting the boy. The adults only realised something was wrong when they saw DH pulling the boy out. DH didn't even have time to take out his shirt. :shrug: :shrug:
Children can't never be let out of signt for a few seconds. Most adults don't realise this. :sad:

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:17 pm

tutormum wrote:
Josephcmtan wrote:we need to educate our kids well. scenario learning is impt i realized. i have been running thru different emergency scenario with my dds and i realized that most of us are not taught how to handle situations. be it big or small. i salute the boy with a big heart, only if the school or us parents learnt WHAT to teach our kids beyond academic.

We should first educate the adults well. DH once pulled a 5 year old boy out of a swimming pool. The adults were having a party and nobody realised that the boy was drowning. DH happened to pass by the pool and dived in immediately upon sighting the boy. The adults only realised something was wrong when they saw DH pulling the boy out. DH didn't even have time to take out his shirt. :shrug: :shrug:
Children can't never be let out of signt for a few seconds. Most adults don't realise this. :sad:

I agree... :hi5:

Postby winchester » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:16 pm

tutormum wrote:

your dh steady! those adults and the boy's parents there are useless not to know something amiss

winchester
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Josephcmtan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:29 pm

winchester wrote:
tutormum wrote:

your dh steady! those adults and the boy's parents there are useless not to know something amiss

That too. i agreed that parents tends to take things for granted. not that i want to find fault. I have 3 kids and within spilt second, things happen. what i am saying is that we have to educate our kids and not taking things for granted. For example, i made my 3 yr old memorize my hp #. not that i wish that she will ever use it but as safety net. I have seen floats capsized with the kid's head in the water with the parents by their side. Life skill a absolute must in our kids' education. YES.. it would be great if we can slap some senses into some of the parents who are taking things for granted too.

Josephcmtan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Recess Time