Government, what you really want us to do?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Government, what you really want us to do?

Postby Melodies » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:33 pm

First, you encourage all women to work and make contribution to the society. So, women work.

Second, you want baby. Who is going to look after baby? So, FTWM have few options of either become SAHM or hire maid or get grand parents support, Infant care centre etc. So, most FTWMs have resorted to hire maid and have support from grand parents. Though it is tough to cope, some FTWMs still can manage to coach school goer at night n weekend for homework and revision if school does teach well. However, some FTWMs work long hour, some do not know how to coach, all these FTWMs have no choice but to outsource to Tuition.

Then, you said, maid need weekly off-day and also make it mandatory now. FTWMs have to manage both housework and coaching now. Some have maid problem ever since the maid goes out..

This is not enough, you said old folks need to work until 75 yo. :faint: Left FTWMs with very little supports now.

All those policies have further tightened all FTWMs' hands, legs and minds.. Just wonder how to have more babies?, how not to have tuition and how to further work with piece of mind? :slapshead: :cry:
Last edited by Melodies on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melodies
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Government, what you really want us to do?

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:45 pm

government wants us to do EVERYTHING.
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mamago » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:26 pm

Ya boi, exactly :lightrod: ... thanks, Melodies, for voicing it out....

说到我的心坎里去

mamago
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby terry » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:52 am

Melodies scenario is so very true. FTWMs really hv very limited options, esp those without family support. There are so many variations of them.

My frend sends her son to cc. Cost abt 300plus. Nw she expecting 2nd bb. If send to infant care will cost 700plus after subsidy. I think she earns less then 2k. So she thinking of getting maid, but she has to work full time on sundays. Now maid cost hw much? 550/mth? Plus compensate her for evry sunday no off, plus levy, plus expenses for maid...wah..almost half her salary gone. Headache.

Im sure there r others with the same predicament or even worse. I guess itz ok if u work 9-5 job. But wat abt those gotta work late? Or in retail line? No family support, cc close at 7pm..hw do they manage?

terry
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby pirate » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:02 am

They want us to produce more babies, and they want more women to join the workforce. They have absolutely no idea how we are supposed to do both. Hence, the Public Engagement on Singapore's Population Challenges. Maybe I should just reply, "It cannot be done. You cannot have both. Choose one." :wrongmove:

Ha! I always wanted to use that smilie!

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mamago » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:13 am

Pirate ah pirate, let's encourage Melodies to put this to ST Forum... Melodies, please write to ST Forum... We second you!

(Sorry, using iPhone can't put in my fav smiley, it'd be the same one with Pirate!)

mamago
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Chenonceau » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:03 am

mamago wrote:Pirate ah pirate, let's encourage Melodies to put this to ST Forum... Melodies, please write to ST Forum... We second you!

(Sorry, using iPhone can't put in my fav smiley, it'd be the same one with Pirate!)

I third you. Also no smiley.

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby frustration » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:16 am

Support you too Melodies with both hand and leg.

frustration
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby hquek » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:22 am

Melodies, thanks! I support your statements!

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby htan045 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:17 am

Just add on: now, the MOE is blaming parents for being Kiasu to load the kids with tuition when school alone should suffice. But I think another worry on working mother's mind (i would if I am working) is "how to occupy the kids in the afternoon, when both parents are working and ate not there to supervise afternoon activities of the kids? So must as well go for tuition." if the government can make school hours like international school's, start at a more earthly hour and end later in the afternoon, this may relief some working mothers of that worry.

htan045
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time