Children Dancing Inches from Busy Chinatown Traffic-video

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Children Dancing Inches from Busy Chinatown Traffic-video

Postby resgmom » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:57 am

I am definately not anti-govt. In fact, it's the love of our country that brought us back.

But this is really a total disregard of our children's and our parent's safety. We're endangering our lives (and our children's/teacher's) just for a rehersal to entertain the VIPs?

The children were asked to rehearse for the mid-autumn festival lighting events at Chinatown without the busy road closed. Poor parents retort to creating "human barricade" inches from the busy traffic to protect their precious children. Do you think this would really help if one car, just one car screw up?

When one of my collegues told me about this, I didn't even believe him. Fellow kiasuparents, please be the judge and tell me whether this is a serious lapse of judgement by the organisers, with the video. Look from 2:35 onwards.

resgmom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Children Dancing Inches from Busy Chinatown Traffic-vide

Postby concern2 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:47 pm

:yikes: This in Singapore?! (from the Cantonese music in the background, I'd thot it's in HK!)

It's indeed dangerous!

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pinky » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:18 pm

agree it's dangerous. Will it be the same on actual day? will the road be closed then?
tough for the kids to rehearse and prepare for their SA2 exams at the same time.

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby resgmom » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:04 am

pinky wrote:agree it's dangerous. Will it be the same on actual day? will the road be closed then?
tough for the kids to rehearse and prepare for their SA2 exams at the same time.

I think the lightening ceremony is over, as reported on major papers a couple days ago and on facebook too. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chinatown ... 9804750588

During the light up ceremony, roads were closed and the VIPs were seated where the heavy traffic were as seen on the video, I believe.

Bottom line is parents and teachers should at least have objected to their children dancing so close to the street. And to think that judging by the number of adults vs. kids, not all parents could possibly be there - I shudder to think that my kids could be one of them while I happily think that my child will be taken care of by the teachers/organisers! What if one child, while concentrating on the dance move, accidentally knock over the friend next to her, creating a domino effect towards the busy road - the unthinkable will happen. :nunchuk:

resgmom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Recess Time