Strengths??

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Strengths??

Postby mama_g » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:27 pm

I am requested by my P1's form teacher to submit any cert attained at certain grade for enrichment lesson outside school such as piano, violin, guitar,ballet,swimming etc and/ or participated in competition and won 1st /2nd /3rd prize.

Anyone experiencing this?
What is this for? She claims for school cockpit system, what is that?

What are they encouraging?

mama_g
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Strengths??

Postby SHAmum » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:47 pm

mama_g wrote:I am requested by my P1's form teacher to submit any cert attained at certain grade for enrichment lesson outside school such as piano, violin, guitar,ballet,swimming etc and/ or participated in competition and won 1st /2nd /3rd prize.

Anyone experiencing this?
What is this for? She claims for school cockpit system, what is that?

What are they encouraging?

I am not sure about your dc school. For my ds neighourhood school ask

@ P1, P2, said they update student record, let my ds join some competation and some program.

@ P6, he was norminated for all-rounder award, so school need more info of my ds outside school activities. School teacher know that my ds join outside school activities and they want to know more

Hope this info help. :smile:

SHAmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby concern2 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:42 pm

Could be to seek for volunteers to coach children or support CCAs? I'll also be keen to know. :wink:

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ksme » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:11 pm

My ds school also collects the strengths for recording in the report book under the Holistic Development Profile. The areas that are recorded include cognitive, Physical, Aesthetic, etc.

When the students are in P6 and are trying for Direct School Admission to the IP schools etc, they will need to submit the copies of their report books and such information recorded in the report book may help.

In any case, if there are nothing to submit, it is also ok. We did not submit anything in some years as well.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby concern2 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:20 pm

concern2 wrote:Could be to seek for volunteers to coach children or support CCAs? I'll also be keen to know. :wink:

Oooops, I thought you meant record of parents. You mean records of your children iseeet? :lol:

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time