Got to pay for lantern stick?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Got to pay for lantern stick?

Postby LOLMum » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:40 pm

Was at Toa payoh central yesterday....saw a paper lantern but was told I have to pay for the stick :scared:

Is this common practice now?

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:25 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Got to pay for lantern stick?

Postby SAHM_TAN » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:49 pm

I usually buy those a few paper lanterns in a pack. I use wooden chopsticks.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10963
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:47 am
Total Likes: 30


Re: Got to pay for lantern stick?

Postby LOLMum » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:54 pm

SAHM_TAN wrote:I usually buy those a few paper lanterns in a pack. I use wooden chopsticks.



So the pack has no sticks?

The stick n lantern used to be a set, :roll:

Now everything also charged....don't need the wet tissue packets in restaurants also must pay....

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:25 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Got to pay for lantern stick?

Postby SAHM_TAN » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:58 pm

LOLMum wrote:
SAHM_TAN wrote:I usually buy those a few paper lanterns in a pack. I use wooden chopsticks.



So the pack has no sticks?

The stick n lantern used to be a set, :roll:

Now everything also charged....don't need the wet tissue packets in restaurants also must pay....


The packet does not come with the sticks.

I thick-skinned one. I will return the wet tissue and tell them I don't need and please don't charge me the wet tissue :evil:

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10963
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:47 am
Total Likes: 30


Re: Got to pay for lantern stick?

Postby savoury sweet » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Yup yup me too... "thick-skin" , even those small snacks ie peanuts , pickles that served on the restaurant table.... I requested the waiter to remove them. When time to pay, I ensure those stuff weren't charge.

savoury sweet
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:50 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: Got to pay for lantern stick?

Postby pinky » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:05 pm

savoury sweet wrote:Yup yup me too... "thick-skin" , even those small snacks ie peanuts , pickles that served on the restaurant table.... I requested the waiter to remove them. When time to pay, I ensure those stuff weren't charge.


there is a restaurant in chinatown that charged $1 per pax for 'sterilising fee for the tableware/cutlery' as a man and his family discoverd on their bill. Reason given by the restaurant was that they outsourced the cleaning and sterilising of their ware so have to cover the charges. :yikes:
just read from today's shin min papers.

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2820
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Got to pay for lantern stick?

Postby LOLMum » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:07 pm

Most of the times, tissues n snacks can be cancelled but there was this restaurant....(can't remember name cos we took mil to many places to eat when she was here for two months recently) n whether you use or return the tissue, they will still charge....all lump together....argue also no use...

Most restaurants will just cancel...the one near Toa payoh swimming complex don't even charge for it (can remember cos was there a few days ago).

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:25 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Got to pay for lantern stick?

Postby pinky » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:11 pm

even tze char stall at coffee shop charge for wet tissue at 30cts per pkt.
I always reject them at the start when they lay the table for us.

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2820
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Got to pay for lantern stick?

Postby savoury sweet » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:11 pm

pinky wrote:
savoury sweet wrote:Yup yup me too... "thick-skin" , even those small snacks ie peanuts , pickles that served on the restaurant table.... I requested the waiter to remove them. When time to pay, I ensure those stuff weren't charge.


there is a restaurant in chinatown that charged $1 per pax for 'sterilising fee for the tableware/cutlery' as a man and his family discoverd on their bill. Reason given by the restaurant was that they outsourced the cleaning and sterilising of their ware so have to cover the charges. :yikes:
just read from today's shin min papers.



Huh ?? Really ?? I better :siam: this makan place. I thought this "sterilising" stuff only applies to dental clinics... Certain clinics always display a sign to inform all customers re additional charges "sterilising fees". Unbelievable !

savoury sweet
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:50 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Got to pay for lantern stick?

Postby pinky » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:15 pm

savoury sweet wrote:
pinky wrote:
savoury sweet wrote:Yup yup me too... "thick-skin" , even those small snacks ie peanuts , pickles that served on the restaurant table.... I requested the waiter to remove them. When time to pay, I ensure those stuff weren't charge.


there is a restaurant in chinatown that charged $1 per pax for 'sterilising fee for the tableware/cutlery' as a man and his family discoverd on their bill. Reason given by the restaurant was that they outsourced the cleaning and sterilising of their ware so have to cover the charges. :yikes:
just read from today's shin min papers.



Huh ?? Really ?? I better :siam: this makan place. I thought this "sterilising" stuff only applies to dental clinics... Certain clinics always display a sign to inform all customers re additional charges "sterilising fees". Unbelievable !


yeah, isnt it the duty of the restaurant to use clean wares for all their customers? why must customers pay for it?

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2820
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 am
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Recess Time