Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Iphone 5

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Re: Iphone 5

Postby Skyed » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:55 pm

limlim wrote:iOS5 and above allow WiFi sync :wink:

I googled that, apparently you still need the USB cable ._. Or am I am missing something here?

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby cimman » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:26 am

Skyed wrote:Oh my god the iphone 5 USB cable when I connect to my laptop is SO DAMN DIFFICULT TO REMOVE. The first time it took me 1hour+ of pulling and wiggling to finally get it out. Thought I put in the wrong dock but have tested all the possible docks in my laptop, each time took me ages and pulling until my hands become red before it came out. Now whenever I want to sync my music or whatever I just don't anymore because its too much of a hassle.

if you are using the original Apple cable, this should not be the case. It should go in and out easily. You should bring it back to the Apple store and exchange it for a new one and test it till you're satisfied.
If you are buying an aftermarket cable, then it is possible that the fit is not so good. It happened to me.
Note that the USB cable is very important, it is used for charging the phone. You can use wifi for synching but for charging there are no alternatives, you have to use the usb cable.

cimman
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby northernstar » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:49 am

yippee wrote:Hi, just change my iphone 4 to iphone 5. So far ok...fast... Some of the games that my kids play in my iphone 4 cannot play in iphone 5. Need to play all over again. My kids was super upset as they are in higher level. Anyone have this problem?

recently, i also have this problem when i upgraded my hp to iPhone 5 from iPhone 3GS. to solve this issue, you can contact the game operator and tell him or her about this and they will be able to help :smile:

northernstar
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Skyed » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:11 pm

cimman wrote:
Skyed wrote:Oh my god the iphone 5 USB cable when I connect to my laptop is SO DAMN DIFFICULT TO REMOVE. The first time it took me 1hour+ of pulling and wiggling to finally get it out. Thought I put in the wrong dock but have tested all the possible docks in my laptop, each time took me ages and pulling until my hands become red before it came out. Now whenever I want to sync my music or whatever I just don't anymore because its too much of a hassle.

if you are using the original Apple cable, this should not be the case. It should go in and out easily. You should bring it back to the Apple store and exchange it for a new one and test it till you're satisfied.
If you are buying an aftermarket cable, then it is possible that the fit is not so good. It happened to me.
Note that the USB cable is very important, it is used for charging the phone. You can use wifi for synching but for charging there are no alternatives, you have to use the usb cable.

For charging it's okay, it's when I connect to my laptop that there are issues :/

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby limlim » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:45 pm

Skyed wrote:

I googled that, apparently you still need the USB cable ._. Or am I am missing something here?

You may need to connect the first time, enable "Sync via WiFi", and that's all.

Once the device is registered by iTunes, subsequent sync no need cables.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Skyed » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:02 pm

limlim wrote:
Skyed wrote:

You may need to connect the first time, enable "Sync via WiFi", and that's all.

Once the device is registered by iTunes, subsequent sync no need cables.

Oh okay thanks :)

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Curiousmum89 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:56 pm

How long do you need to charge the first time ?

Curiousmum89
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Curiousmum89 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Will white iphone 5 turn yellow ?

Curiousmum89
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby janet88 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Curiousmum89 wrote:Will white iphone 5 turn yellow ?

:? Turn yellow?
I love it for the clarity and sharp display. But the battery drops fast. :cry:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cimman » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:45 am

janet_lee88 wrote:
Curiousmum89 wrote:Will white iphone 5 turn yellow ?

:? Turn yellow?
I love it for the clarity and sharp display. But the battery drops fast. :cry:

This is the problem with iPhones. With an Android phone, I just pop in another battery and I'm good to go, don't even have to wait for charging.

cimman
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Recess Time

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres