No More Eating in Peace at Hawker Centres

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

No More Eating in Peace at Hawker Centres

Postby tankee » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:41 am

At first it is "Stand Behind The Yellow Line" at MRT station, now NEA wants to broadcast reminders to return trays at hawker centres.

:faint:

=================

Be prepared to plug your ears if Singaporeans do not get into the habit of clearing their food trays at hawker centres. The National Environment Agency (NEA) wants to broadcast messages to remind patrons to return their trays to collection racks.

Three hawker centres - in Bedok, Jurong and Tiong Bahru - have been picked for a trial slated to start by the end of the year. Details of the messages are still being worked out, but the aim is to "encourage behavioural change", the agency told The Sunday Times.............

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-ne ... s-20120930

tankee
Site Admin

Re: No More Eating in Peace at Hawker Centres

Postby GLORYmum » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:13 pm

I think this is a good habit - prt of the process of self discipline and concerted effo to keeping the environment more friendly and pleasant to live in.
But hor, the cleaning lady will be out of job lor.

GLORYmum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Daddy D » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:21 pm

Means if those finished eating, but never clear the table... I'll have to clear for them in order to sit?
Or I can chide them for not clearing their table?

Foresee more ugly Singaporeans confrontations... As if not enough lately.
:faint:

Daddy D
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:26 pm

I support return own tray and I do practice that.

Just don't like to be repeatedly nag by some broadcast message over and over while I eat.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby tankee » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:27 pm

GLORYmum wrote:I think this is a good habit - prt of the process of self discipline and concerted effo to keeping the environment more friendly and pleasant to live in.
But hor, the cleaning lady will be out of job lor.

Cleaning lady will not be out of job, just that the cleaning contractors will not need to hire foreign talents to do the cleaning and just rely the smaller number of locals to do the job, just like at ikea.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Mawar » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:29 pm

Guess we have to start somewhere. Let me tell you what makes my skin crawl at some gawker centers.

1) Some trays are so icky and oily. The trays are stained with leftover food stains and wet.
2) Many patrons spit chicken bones, bits of pork skin, prawn shells and things hurt can't swallow on the table. Even if they returned the trays, I bet the leftover food would remain.
3) Cleaners reuse the dishcloths. The stench after wiping the table is revolting.
3) Soiled tissue left behind.

Mawar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Daddy D » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Mawar wrote:Guess we have to start somewhere. Let me tell you what makes my skin crawl at some gawker centers.

1) Some trays are so icky and oily. The trays are stained with leftover food stains and wet.
2) Many patrons spit chicken bones, bits of pork skin, prawn shells and things hurt can't swallow on the table. Even if they returned the trays, I bet the leftover food would remain.
3) Cleaners reuse the dishcloths. The stench after wiping the table is revolting.

Wah Lao eh... I'm having my lunch now... :sick:

Daddy D
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Mawar wrote:Guess we have to start somewhere. Let me tell you what makes my skin crawl at some gawker centers.

Which hawker centre is that?

I have yet to encounter one that is that bad.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Mawar » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Daddy D wrote:

Wah Lao eh... I'm having my lunch now... :sick:

Soli... Soli...
4) Some places still infested with crows!!!!

Mawar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby GLORYmum » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:51 pm

Will any cleaner be around to wipe the table? We have more lta in the roads now we will have patrons in the hawker centre except they cant issue fine tickets.

We always return trays at MacD and wipe of the tables. This is a common practice in Europe where nearly everyone practice hygiene by self discipline.

GLORYmum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time