Fengshui Audit For House

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Fengshui Audit For House

Postby Fairy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi,

Has anyone ever got a fengshui audit done by a fengshui master for your house? Care to share your experience? Do you think it's worth the fees paid? Thanks for sharing.

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Fengshui Audit For House

Postby tankee » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:30 pm

DW's former office did so every year and by the same famous master that appeared on MediaCorp Tv programme.

Every year, they will ended up buying a few thousands dollars worth of fengshui stuff from his shop to place around the office. Whether it helped or not, different people has different opinion.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby pirate » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:02 pm

Re-align all the doors so that they are all 18 degrees off. :faint:

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby chenwj » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Fairy wrote:Hi,

Has anyone ever got a fengshui audit done by a fengshui master for your house? Care to share your experience? Do you think it's worth the fees paid? Thanks for sharing.

they charge by the size of the home. what do you meant by audit? u r doing the audit because you feel life isn't smooth for your family or you bought a new flat, collected the keys and the floor plans are ready?

chenwj
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby limlim » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:25 am

I always believed that REAL masters don't sell stuff.

They accept a token red packet and offer advises.. then recommend you the things to buy/get. They may suggest a place to get the stuff, and also highlight that you are free to get it from anywhere.

Any "master" that sell wares.. you can never tell if the stuff is necessary or just to push up sale of overpriced wares.

And those that sell wares always make it a point to tell you that stuff bought elsewhere is not the same bcoz nvr "open light" or things like that..

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby AceTutors123 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:14 am

Read from a Feng Shui book that the main Feng Shui determinant of a house is in the facing of the main door. Secondary factors include the facing of your bed (this needs to be in accordance to your Chinese DOB) and your work/study desk. The rest are said to be inconsequential.

IMHO I think it's more important that we're positive-minded and ready to seize opportunities as they arise. Creating and harnessing our own positive energy could be more important than many other factors :)

AceTutors123
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby straffan23 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:32 am

I won't call for a Fengshui Audit because there are things that I won't change, and there are things that I won't buy... and the fees that my husband will not pay! :shrug:

But, I do read up on Fengshui, and as much as possible, will avoid some basic things such as:
- sharp corners facing the sofa / dining / room / bed
- beds facing the door / toilet
- plants in the toilet / bathroom
- cactus plants in the house
- dried flowers

straffan23
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Fairy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:55 am

chenwj wrote:they charge by the size of the home. what do you meant by audit? u r doing the audit because you feel life isn't smooth for your family or you bought a new flat, collected the keys and the floor plans are ready?

Hi chenwj,

Some call it audit, some name it consultation. I'm toying with the idea of having it for my existing flat. Yes, many obstacles in a certain aspect of my life.

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Fairy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:01 pm

limlim wrote:I always believed that REAL masters don't sell stuff.

They accept a token red packet and offer advises.. then recommend you the things to buy/get. They may suggest a place to get the stuff, and also highlight that you are free to get it from anywhere.

Any "master" that sell wares.. you can never tell if the stuff is necessary or just to push up sale of overpriced wares.

And those that sell wares always make it a point to tell you that stuff bought elsewhere is not the same bcoz nvr "open light" or things like that..

I feel the same. That's why I am very selective. Do not wish to engage one just to find myself unwilling to purchase the items or follow what the master advised. Though I believe in fengshui, i am still a bit skceptical about some practices.

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Fairy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:10 pm

tankee wrote:DW's former office did so every year and by the same famous master that appeared on MediaCorp Tv programme.

Every year, they will ended up buying a few thousands dollars worth of fengshui stuff from his shop to place around the office. Whether it helped or not, different people has different opinion.

Hi tankee,

Yes, many companies in the financial sector engage fengshui masters to give advice on the siting of CEO/CFO/etc rooms, depts, furnitures & etc. Many foreign financial institutions (the angmohs) at ORQ & Raffles Place have been doing that.

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time