Children's Day - too close to exam

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Children's Day - too close to exam

Postby tankee » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:00 pm

a colleague applied to take leave on this Friday.

teased him for being a great dad, taking leave to bring his children out to play on children's day.

his reply was :shock: , he said children's day celebration is postponed till after exam. he applied leave to coach his kids for their coming exam.

:sweat:

Maybe MOE should consider changing the Children day to say March, away from exams?

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Re: Children's Day - too close to exam

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Tankee, for children with 4 exams a year, CA1-Mar, SA1-May, CA2-Aug, SA2-Oct, the best time for children's day is in Nov or Jan.....otherwise some parents actually value that holiday near exam for exam preparation and then replace the day with another day after exams to take the kids out. Of course by doing that, the designated activities for that special day by various organisations cannot be enjoyed.
Guest
 

Re: Children's Day - too close to exam

Postby janet88 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:17 pm

Children's Day holiday is now adjusted to allow the P6s to enjoy their holiday before graduating to Secondary school.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 33764
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 111


Re: Children's Day - too close to exam

Postby fightingmom » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:25 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:Children's Day holiday is now adjusted to allow the P6s to enjoy their holiday before graduating to Secondary school.


And that is the exact reason why MOE pushed forward all the PSLE dates so that the last paper has to complete before the first Friday of October for Children's Day :sweat:

fightingmom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 6805
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:52 pm
Total Likes: 6


Re: Children's Day - too close to exam

Postby janet88 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:34 pm

fightingmom wrote:
janet_lee88 wrote:Children's Day holiday is now adjusted to allow the P6s to enjoy their holiday before graduating to Secondary school.


And that is the exact reason why MOE pushed forward all the PSLE dates so that the last paper has to complete before the first Friday of October for Children's Day :sweat:

Actually PSLE dates are brought forward so as to allow graduating students to enjoy their 'last' holiday in primary school. Heard next year will be the same, in fact starting 1 day earlier.
My son can definitely enjoy after 2moro's paper...he is going to have good fun. But daughter has Oral exams on 8th/9th.
Last edited by janet88 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 33764
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 111



Re: Children's Day - too close to exam

Postby xfx » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:36 pm

Yeah.... The last children day for the P6. They will not be "children" anymore when the moved on to secondary.

Janet and fighting mom, do get your ds/dd a big children's day gift for the hardwork they have put in this year.

Cheers!

xfx
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 3:54 pm
Total Likes: 29


Re: Children's Day - too close to exam

Postby fightingmom » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:36 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:
fightingmom wrote:
janet_lee88 wrote:Children's Day holiday is now adjusted to allow the P6s to enjoy their holiday before graduating to Secondary school.


And that is the exact reason why MOE pushed forward all the PSLE dates so that the last paper has to complete before the first Friday of October for Children's Day :sweat:

Actually PSLE dates are brought forward so as to allow graduating students to enjoy their 'last' holiday in primary school. Heard next year will be the same, in fact starting 1 day earlier.


Wah... Will the PSLE dates next year spread over the weekend like this year ? :scratchhead:

fightingmom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 6805
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:52 pm
Total Likes: 6


Re: Children's Day - too close to exam

Postby janet88 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:39 pm

xfx wrote:Yeah.... The last children day for the P6. They will not be "children" anymore when the moved on to secondary.

Janet and fighting mom, do get your ds/dd a big children's day gift for the hardwork they have put in this year.

Cheers!

Yeah, when I looked at my son just now, I can't imagine him going to sec 1 next year !!! He is done with primary school...I can flutter like a butterfly !!!

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 33764
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 111


Re: Children's Day - too close to exam

Postby NY1969 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:42 pm

xfx wrote:Yeah.... The last children day for the P6. They will not be "children" anymore when the moved on to secondary.

Janet and fighting mom, do get your ds/dd a big children's day gift for the hardwork they have put in this year.

Cheers!

Sorry just side track a bit, since it is the last children day, that means they will be 13 next year right? Will they be consider 'adult' and pay adult fare if they travel to overseas next year?

NY1969
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:22 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Children's Day - too close to exam

Postby fightingmom » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:44 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:
xfx wrote:Yeah.... The last children day for the P6. They will not be "children" anymore when the moved on to secondary.

Janet and fighting mom, do get your ds/dd a big children's day gift for the hardwork they have put in this year.

Cheers!

Yeah, when I looked at my son just now, I can't imagine him going to sec 1 next year !!! He is done with primary school...I can flutter like a butterfly !!!


:hi5: kids, they grow up real fast , right ? While they still allow us to hug and kiss them, better treasure those moments. :love:

fightingmom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 6805
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:52 pm
Total Likes: 6


Next

Return to Recess Time